Great American Beer Festival is one of the biggest and best beer festivals in the nation. It comes to downtown Denver annually just after the season summer ends. The Convention Center hosts the event for three days with the attendance around 50,000.
The festival is usually held between mid September to early October. It is held by the Brewer’s Association in Denver. Breweries compete head to head for awards and are judged by the festival’s Professional Judge Panel.
Beer enthusiasts hail from all over to enjoy more than 2000 beers from over 400 different breweries. There are over eighty different types of beer styles to choose from, from lagers to ales and porters to pilsners.
At the festival:
- Beer & Food Pavilion – Beer and food pairings by expert chefs and brewers.
- Brewers Studio Pavilion – Leaders in the brewing industry share stories and beers.
- You Be The Judge – 20 people sessions led by professional beer judges.
- Silent Disco – Grab a headset and dance at the back of the hall to a live DJ.
- Designated Driver Lounge – DD’s taste craft brewed sodas and receive other special gifts.
- Bookstore – Learn about beer, brewing, cooking with beer, etc.
- Merchandise – A 30 foot wall of t-shirts.
Dates: late September-early October