Horseback riding is available from ranches and stables across the state. All levels of riders are welcome, from beginner to skilled equestrian. Trail rides vary in length, anywhere from an hour to overnight pack trips, some offered year round.
- Address: 1484 Park County Rd Unit 7, Fairplay
- About: Offers beginner/intermediate rides, expert rides, and even pony rides for children ten & under.
- Address: 14582 County Rd 162, Nathrop
- About: Trail rides leave daily, one hour up to half day, three quarter day and all day horseback riding tours. Hay rides and sleigh rides are offered during winter season.
- Address: 620 Village Rd, Breckenridge
- About: One and a half hour trail ride along the Ten Mile Mountain range. available daily, from 8am-4pm. For those that like to feast, opt for a Breakfast or Dinner ride. Breakfast rides leave the barn at 8am, trek for an hour and a half, then return for an all-you-can-buffet. Dinner rides follow the same format, except leave the barn at 5pm and offers live music during the dinner buffet.
- Address: Elk River Guest Ranch, 29840 Rd 64, Clark
- About: One and two hour rides daily, wagon dinner rides available on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. Longer horseback rides by appointment including three and six hours w/lunch, private two hour rides and half pony rides. Private riding lessons also available. Riders must be at least eight years old for trail rides.
- Address: Crested Butte
- About: Up to five hour wilderness rides, horseback trips to Aspen, overnight pack trips. Winter horseback and sleigh rides available.
- Address: 45000 N. Hwy 285, Villa Grove
- About: Variety of horseback and trail rides, from 1 hour to full day. Private rides by apt. Located on Poncha Pass, surrounded by the breathtaking Sangre de Cristo Mountains.
- Address: 60880 County Rd 129, Clark (near Steamboat Springs)
- About: One, two and four hour rides around scenic Steamboat Lake, 6+. Pony rides available for young kids.
- Address: 3125 County Rd 13, Aspen
- About: One to two hour, lunch, dinner, full day and overnight rides offered. Sleigh rides are offered during the winter season.
- Address: 6076 County Rd 119, Westcliffe
- About: Four thousand acre working cattle ranch bordering national forest. Half day range rides include either breakfast, lunch or dinner. Tend the cattle that graze the range. There is also a two and three hour ride, as well as a longer full day ride available. Ages twelve plus. Experience not necessary.
- Address: 39020 Country Rd 8, Meeker
- About: Day and overnight fishing trips, hunts, log cabin rentals, horseback riding. Lodge is located about in the middle of the Flat Tops Scenic Byway.
- Address: 4821 Hwy 84, Pagosa Springs
- About: Variety of rides for ages six plus. Rides are done through Lobo Outfitters based at the Park. Enjoy scenic horse back rides in a safe setting. Reservations requested.
- Address: 36975 County Rd 179, Steamboat Springs
- About: Two hour horseback ride, a dinner ride and a three plus hour cattle drive. Read our feature on them.
- Address: 242 Hawn Ln, Telluride
- About: Summer and winter trail rides, sleigh rides also in the winter. Summer horseback rides leave at 10am and last two hours or leave at 1pm and last an hour.
- Address: 7700 Trappers Lake Rd, Meeker
- About: Lodge is situated on the Flat Tops Scenic Byway, open later May through October. They offer day and overnight fishing and hunting trips, as well a horse and cabin rentals. There is also a restaurant with a bar.
Please contact us to add a horseback ride.
Some related activities
Rent an ATV and discover Colorado’s hidden gems. Spend some time relaxing at a guest ranches, horseback riding and fishing. Miles and miles of multi-use trails await in Colorado’s national forests.