Crested Butte Mountain Heritage Museum is housed in a former hardware store in downtown Crested Butte. All the items found in the front of the museum were original items for sale at Tony’s Conoco. The exhibit themes remain constant, but new items are always being added.
The building began as a blacksmith in 1883 and later became a garage and hardware store in 1911. It operated until 1996, making it the longest running business in Crested Butte.
There is a gift store with books, souvenirs, jewelry, various vintage items, local artwork and other gifts. The museum also hosts special events throughout the year, including a Summer Speaker Series and an annual Black and White Ball in June.
- Model town of Crested Butte complete with working train
- Home Lift – appliances, furniture, shopping catalogs
- Ski – An authentic CB gondola, skis, snowboards
- Mining – CB began as a supply town then coal mining
- Denver Rio Grande Railroad
- Geological finds
- Historical time lines
- Children’s experience
- Local festival of Flauschink
- Mountain Bike Hall of Fame – vintage bikes, competitions
Address: 331 Elk Ave, Crested Butte
Season: Year round
Hours: Fall-10am-6pm, Winter-11am-6pm