San Juan National Forest covers more than 1.8 million acres in Southwest Colorado.
Biking, Boating, Camping, Fishing, Hiking, Hunting, Picnicking, OHV Riding, Scenic Drives, Winter Rec – Cross Country Skiing, Snowmobiling, Snowshoeing
The Southwest is full of spectacular scenery. It’s an outdoor paradise, with huge alpine peaks and endless forests.
McPhee Recreation Area – Public reservoir with boating, fishing, camping and hiking in Dolores.
San Juan Skyway – A 233 mile loop covering Ridgway, Telluride, Cortez, Durango and Ouray.
Map: San Juan (shown in dark green) (.jpg)
Motor Vehicle Use Maps: Large, PDF’s from the USFS. They show forest service roads and where dispersed camping is permitted.
- Columbine – Silverton, Durango, Bayfield
- Columbine – Table – Silverton, Durango, Bayfield
- Columbine – Beaver Meadows/Sauls Creek – Bayfield
- Columbine – HD Mountains & Lakes – Bayfield
- Columbine – Lakes Area – Bayfield, Durango
- Mancos-Cortez – Dolores, Cortez, Mancos
- Pagosa – Pagosa Springs
San Juan Campgrounds: Reservations