Copper Mountain, much like other towns in Summit County, is mostly known for skiing. There are three main base villages in town. Each is filled with dining and lodging.
In winter there’s an outdoor ice skate rink and a tubing hill. Woodward, an indoor practice facility for skiing and boarding, is open year round. It’s filled with jumps into foams pits and other features that provide a safe environment to up your game.
During the summer, Copper Mountain hosts many festivals and events. The town boasts Summit County’s only go-kart track, in addition to mini golf, mountain biking, zip line, disc golf, a climbing wall and a bungee jump.
West Lake features bumper boats and paddle boats all summer. Copper Creek Golf Course opens in mid June, and has stunning views of the Ten Mile Range.
Copper Mountain Ski Resort – Terrain at Copper ranges from beginner and novice to “black diamond” and bowl skiing for advanced riders.
- Lake Dillon, less than 10 miles from town, has multiple campgrounds around the lake.
- Blue River runs from Breckenridge to Green Mountain Reservoir, north of Silverthorne. It has tremendous trout fishing.
- Lake Dillion has both boat and shore fishing.
- Copper Mountain West Lake
- Keystone Dercum Square (18mi)
- Keystone Lake (17mi)
- Vail Square Ice Rink (22mi)
- Arapahoe Basin (24mi)
- Breckenridge (20mi)
- Copper Mountain
- Keystone (18mi)
- Loveland (22mi)
- Ski Cooper (31mi)
- Vail (20mi)