Due to population growth in Colorado, Woodland Park is now more of a suburb of Colorado Springs than the tourist town it once was. Pikes Peak hovers in the distance, visible from nearly anywhere in town. It’s located just west of the Springs on Highway 24.
There are a lot of choices for grabbing a bite in town. Established in 1962, the Swiss Chalet Restaurant serves fine steak and seafood in an Alps-like setting. The Historic Ute Inn is a locals’ dive with a full lunch and dinner menu.
- Nearby Mueller State Park offers over a hundred campsites in an alpine forest.
- There is hiking of all levels to be found by Pikes Peak.
- Mueller features 55 miles of trails.
- Another stunning place to hike is the Florissant Fossil Beds.
- Cripple Creek (25mi)
- Manitou Cliff Dwellings (13mi)
- Pikes Peak Cog (13mi)
- Pikes Peak Highway (12mi)
- Cheyenne Mountain Zoo (21mi)