Denver Art Museum features seven floors spread throughout two buildings. It’s located at the edge of downtown Denver near the public library.
The museum hosts a number of special events throughout the year. They also hold lectures and tours. Kids will find a number of free things to do in select children’s areas throughout the museum.
- Architecture, design and graphics
- Asian art
- Modern and contemporary
- Native arts (American Indian, Oceanic and African)
- New World (pre-Columbian and Spanish Colonial)
- Painting and sculpture (European and American)
- Western art
- Textile art
A gift shop and fine dining restaurant are located in the museum. The most convenient place to park is the Cultural Complex Garage, located at 12th Ave and Broadway. Rates start at $1 per hour. Otherwise there is metered parking spaces located around the museum and several unattended lots.
The first Saturday of each month offers free general admission. This does not include special exhibits though.
Another tour in Denver is the Museum of Nature & Science.
Address: 100 West 14th Ave Pkwy, Denver
Season: Year Round
- Tuesday-Thursday 10am-5pm
- Friday 10am-8pm
- Saturday-Sunday 10am-5pm
- Closed Monday, Thanksgiving, Xmas