Recently voted as the 4th best music venue in the country by Rolling Stone Magazine, Fox Theatre is the best live music club in Boulder. Throughout its existence, Fox Theatre has played host to iconic musicians including The Killers, John Mayer, Wu-Tang Clan, Skrillex, The Fray, Jack Johnson, and many more. The first performance at Fox Theatre was by a band called The Meters.
Fox Theatre is located on ‘The Hill’, a commercial and nightlife district in Boulder. Originally constructed in the year 1926, and known as the Rialto Theater, the building has changed hands many times and was even turned into a restaurant at one point. The venue only has a capacity of around 600 occupants ensuring performances are intimate and cozy.
Where to Buy Tickets for Events
Tickets are available for sale at the venue’s official website. Additionally, you can buy your tickets in person at the venue itself or by calling 303-786-7030. The venue does not mail tickets so all tickets must be picked up from their box office. Ensure you bring your photo ID with you when collecting your ticket.
Certain events are only ages 21 and above so it is important to bring your ID for such events.
Important information to know before attending an event:
- There is no smoking or vaping of any kind allowed inside the venue.
- Backpacks are not allowed.
- Anything that can be considered a weapon (knife, pepper spray, etc.) is prohibited.
- No outside food or alcohol is allowed.
- The venue is mostly standing room only. There is limited bench seating available on the sides but they are on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Address: 1135 13th Street, Boulder, CO 80302