The glamorous 154 room Halcyon is a white bricked hotel that features gold edges and locally-made modern art. It’s located in the ritzy Cherry Creek North neighborhood of Denver.
Begin your stay at The Kitchen Counter by checking in. Come back often for concierge reservations, grab the daily paper, the daily extended happy hour, Intelligentsia coffee, tea and pastries. Then settle in around the fireplace for social mingling.
As mentioned, Halycon has 154 rooms that come in a range of sizes. From den and terrace rooms to junior and presidential suites, this hotel has something for every traveler.
Hotel room at HALCYON hotel in Cherry Creek. Photo: Halcyon Cherry Creek
- Den Rooms – These rooms feature either a king bed or two queen beds, standard amenities, a Smart TV, and WiFi
- Great Rooms – These city view rooms offer guests a little more room and a larger couch to put their feet up, along with all the other features in the Den Rooms.
- Terrace Rooms – These rooms allow you to enjoy Colorado’s fresh air and sunshine on your large outdoor terrace that looks over the Cherry Creek North neighborhood.
- Junior Suites – This corner suite has a Juliet balcony with views of the Cherry Creek or downtown skyline.
- Loft Suites – With 600 square feet of space, this dual-level suite has plenty of space for stretching out. Along with the standard amenities, it also features an oversized soaking tub.
- Executive Suite – This 550 square foot suite offers guests a walk-out patio, a king bed, oversized windows in the separate living area with a leather sectional and dining table. The marble and brass bathroom features an oversize soaking tub.
- Presidential Suite – This two-story, 1,300 square foot suite has hardwood floors, oversized windows, a large terrace, and separate living and dining spaces.
Amenities & Dining
This four-star hotel takes care of its guests. Some cool perks of staying here include Kitchen Counter, which offers daily extended happy hour, Intelligentsia coffee, tea, and pastries, and Gear Garage, which is full of scooters, bikes, Osprey day packs with hiking gear, and games for a rainy day.
The hotel also offers free transportation in the hotel’s Range Rover to place like the nearby Denver Botanical Gardens. Moreover, Halcyon also has a rooftop pool, which is heated and has a hot tub, cabanas, and poolside bar, and fitness center. If you have a Wellness Passport, you can join yoga and SoulCycle classes on-site.
If you’re looking for a bite to eat, head to Quality Italian of Local Jones, two on-site restaurants that have been recognized as Top 25 Restaurants in Denver by 5280 Magazine.
Quality Italian is an Italian-American steakhouse with a chic interior and leather banquettes. Begin your meal with house-made ricotta, then enjoy apple-glazed pork chops. Just make sure you save room for burnt marshmallow gelato or cannoli made in front of you.
If you’re in the mood for a great neighborhood restaurant that offers a socially engaging atmosphere and traditional fair, head to Local Jones. For those in search of a great cocktail, Rare Bird Rooftop Bar is a clandestine speakeasy that offers inventive prohibition-style cocktails only after you find the mysterious gold doorbell.
Check prices, availability or book Halcyon, a hotel in Cherry Creek
Address: 245 Columbine St, Denver, CO 80206
Type: Luxury 4-star