Looking to embark on summer mountain adventures? San Juan Outdoor Adventures offers guided tailor-made experiences in Telluride’s boisterous San Juan Mountains. Whether you want to climb via ferrata, go mountaineering, hiking, backpacking, or camping, San Juan Outdoor Adventures has local experts on deck.
Their knowledgeable team will take you on a customized excursion that is bound to impress. If you go on a full-day excursion, your lunch is included, as well as basic equipment needed for your adventure. You won’t need pull out your phone or camera on your trip, either—San Juan Outdoor Adventures has teamed up with a fully-licensed adventure photographer to document your adventures with professional photos. Find detailed explanations of their offerings below:
Telluride’s via ferrata is famous around Colorado. A mountain route “via ferrata” (Italian for road of iron) means you’ll be equipped with fixed cables, stemples, ladders, and/or bridges. This technically demanding and thrilling experience offers you stunning views of the Bridal Veil Falls. This is appropriate for those over the age of 12, and you’ll be suited up with ropes, a helmet, harness, and a Via Ferrata set.
- Via Ferrata location: East End Telluride Canyon
- Pricing: Full-day, private bookings only—individual trip, two-three people, four or more
Beginners and experienced rock climbers will enjoy their venture out on real alpine rock. Your San Juan Outdoor Adventures guide equips you and your group with harnesses, ropes, and climbing equipment. The experience is tailored to your ability level to make the most of your rock climbing experience.
- Telluride rock climbing locations: Clay Creek, Falls Walls, Mill Creek, Pipeline, Bilk Creek, Cracked Canyon, Ophir Wall, and Society Turn.
- Pricing: Full-day rock climbing—individual trip, two-three people, four or more; Half-day rock climbing—individual trip, two-three people, four or more
The San Juan Mountains offer authentic wilderness for a satisfying and memorable hike. Surrounded by high summits and clear streams, your guide will steer you past blankets of wildflowers atop high alpine basins, while sharing cultural and natural history of the environment.
- Telluride hiking locations: Wasatch Trail, Ice Lakes Basin, Cornet Creek, Deep Creek Trail, Wilson Mesa Trail, Sneffels Highline Trail, Swamp Canyon, Waterfall Canyon, Lizard Head Trail, Cross Mountain Trail, and Bear Creak Canyon.
- Pricing: Full-day hiking—individual trip, two-three people, four or more; Half-day hiking—individual trip, two-three people, four or more
With numerous terrain options and challenge levels, your guide will take you down a track that’s right for you. Whether that is a thrilling, aerobic ride or a mellow, scenic route, you’ll be set up with the right equipment for your adventure.
- Telluride mountain biking locations: Rico, Galloping Goose, Lizard Head, Valley Floor, Cross Mountain, and Dunton.
- Pricing: Full-day biking—individual trip, two-three people, four or more; Half-day biking—individual trip, two-three people, four or more
Beyond these popular options, San Juan Outdoor Adventures offers backpacking and camping and mountaineering. Rates and details can be found on their website. San Juan Outdoor Adventures also offers a Kids’ Camp, in addition to women-specific excursions that focus on cutting-edge mountaineering, survival skills, and personal growth.
Address: 223 East Colorado, Telluride, CO 81435