[Tilt-A-Whirl. Photo: Bradley Gordon] Tucked away at the edge of the Front Range, Heritage Amusement Park provides a slew of theme park activities. Amusement rides, paddle boating, carnival games, go karting, zip lining and mini golf all await visitors.
Since the park is located in the foothills of Golden, it tends to be a little cooler than Denver, so plan accordingly. If it rains, the park will close until the storm passes, which is usually not long. However, during heavy rain or thunderstorms the park will close for the day.
Host your child’s birthday party or company’s corporate retreat at Heritage Amusement Park. There’s a private birthday party pavilion for use, with two packages to choose from “Basic Blast” or “Unlimited Bonanza”. The latter includes pony rides.
For discounted “Unlimited Passes” head to the park on a Tuesday or Thursday. Parking is always free.
Amusement Rides – All rides are restricted by height and/or physical limitations. Some require an adult (16+) to ride with younger children, while some do not let adults ride.
- Balloons – 36″ or ride with adult
- Banana Squadron – 36″ or ride with adult
- Carousel – 36″ or ride with adult, under 1 may ride with adult
- Crazybus – 36″ or ride with adult, under 1 may ride with adult
- Ferris Wheel – 36″ and ride with adult, 48″+ to ride alone
- Himalaya – 42″ ride alone, ride with adult if less, under 2 not permitted
- Miner Mike – 42″ ride alone, ride with adult if less, under 2 not permitted
- Python Pit Coaster – 36″ and ride with adult, 44″ to ride alone
- Scrambler – 36″ and ride with adult, 48″ to ride alone
- Space Shuttle – 42″ and ride with adult, 48″ to ride alone
- Swings – only riders between 36″-48″ permitted
- Tea Cups -42″ ride alone, ride with adult if less, under 2 not permitted
- Tilt-a-whirl – 36″ and ride with adult, 48″ to ride alone
Arcade – Play all the classics including skeeball, basketball and pinball. Many of the games dispense tickets, which can be turned in for prizes. Games cost 25¢ to $1 in tokens.
Boats – Two separate ponds for boating, each with views of the majestic Rockies.
- Paddle Boats – seat up to 4 people, life jackets available – 48″+ to boat solo
- Bumper Boats – seat up to 2 people – – 48″+ plus 10 years old to boat solo, 36″+ and 3 years old to go with an adult
Games of Skill – Test your luck at these carnival style challenges, including Blazing Balls of Basketball, Clown Splat!, and Kings Cup.
Go Kart Tracks – Both kids and adults will enjoy the go karts at Heritage.
- Junior Track – designed for children ages 8-12 – drivers 48″+
- Slick Track – faster cornering and a slicker surface with a figure eight configuration – driver 60″+
- Adult Go Karts – up two riders – driver 58″+, passenger 40″+
Miniature Golf – 36 holes of mini golf open year round. Buy an “Unlimited Pass” or “Unlimited Golf Only” and play golf all day. You can get clubs and balls from Go Kart Maintenance Shop by the track.
- Family Course – great for children and beginners
- Challenge Course – experience putters will love this course
Zip Line – All ages are welcomed to zip 220 feet over Heritage Amusement Park. Two people can race zip at the same time, on two separate lines, at speeds up to 21 MPH. It’s open to guests 45 to 250 pounds.
Dining is available at the Garden Grill, complete with a courtyard eating area. Basic pub grub is served including burgers, sandwiches and nachos. Beer and frozen drinks are also sold. Entertainment on weekends features live bands or karaoke.
You can also pack your lunch and eat it at free picnic areas. No alcohol, bottles or BBQ grills are allowed in the picnic areas.
Address: 18301 West Colfax Ave, Golden
Phone: 303-PARTIES (727-8437)
Season: April through October (Mini Golf is year round)
Map – Heritage Amusement Park (JPG)