Twin Peaks Lodge & Hot Springs features numerous recently renovated mineral pools, therapy tubs, and even a vapor cave all tucked away in the San Juans of Colorado. The lodge has several pet-friendly and accessible rooms, and there is an on-site full-service restaurant.
It’s located in southern Ouray in an area of the state known as the “Switzerland of America” because of its staggering mountains and natural beauty. The property has several other amenities including the Sage Spa, a tiki bar, a fitness center, and indoor adult-only tubs.
Natural Hot Springs Pools
Twin Peaks’ hot spring pools are open to overnight guests only. The outdoor space was recently renovated to include 12 mineral baths, jacuzzi tubs, and 2 swimming pools. There are covered soaking tubs if you need a break from the sunshine, and one of the larger pools is accessible with a zero-entry ramp.
An exciting new vapor cave was added to the outdoor space as well, providing an immersive sauna-like experience. Inside the lobby building, you’ll find an adult-only soaking area. You can also rent bathrobes at reception and there are bathrooms available for guests.
Relax as you enjoy the health benefits of the warm Ouray spring water that’s filled with rejuvenating minerals, with no added chemicals. Improved circulation, muscle relaxation, and a boosted immune system are just a few of the great effects of a hot spring soak.
There are two separate buildings featuring numerous room types based on the type of bed(s) in the space. Aptly named the River View and Mountain View buildings according to what the rooms have a view of, you can’t go wrong with either choice.
- King Rooms – This option includes a comfy king-sized bed, a flat-screen TV, and a small sitting area for guests to enjoy. There are also two garden king rooms that provide ground-floor access to the courtyard of the property. One of the garden rooms is ADA accessible.
- Queen Rooms – Choose between one or two queen beds in either of the buildings. If you go with one bed, the room comes with a dining table and an armoire for more organization.
- Double Rooms – Featuring 2 double beds in a spacious room off the garden. There is a mini-fridge and coffee maker in the room for extra comfort.
- Single Bed Suites – Opting for either a king or queen suite room comes with notably more space to spread out, a mirrored armoire, and a small dining table for 2.
- Multi-Room Suites – There is a two-bedroom suite that sleeps up to 6 guests in 2 connecting rooms. The rooms share a single full bathroom as well as 2 mini-fridges and extra luggage storage. The owner’s suite has a large living room, a full kitchen, 2 bedrooms, and a private patio.
Check prices, availability or book Twin Peaks Lodge & Hot Springs
The hotel offers perks such as complimentary hot breakfast options, free refreshments during business hours, and a beautiful riverside seating area. In addition to the hot springs, other amenities include a 24-hour gym and laundry, photocopy/fax services, and activity rentals.
There is also a small tiki bar and play area for the little ones. As you’re exploring Ouray, there are three other local hot springs to check out: Box Canyon Lodge, Wiesbaden Spa, and Ouray Hot Springs Pool.
If you need even more relaxation and rejuvenation than just the soaking tubs, check out Twin Peaks’ Sage Spa. The trained therapists and estheticians offer a variety of treatments from massages to facials and pedicures.
There are 4 options for massage services. The Full-Spectrum Sopris CBD massage is meant to reduce inflammation and relieve pain; you even get to keep the unused portion of a 4 oz bottle of oil after your massage! Other options include relaxation, deep tissue, or the essential massage.
Sage Spa’s facial menu utilizes collagen and peptides to keep your skin glowing and replenished. They also have a service that is vegan-friendly, energizing the skin with a variety of nutrients.
Conveniently located right on the Twin Peaks property, Mineshaft Restaurant and Pizzeria is a great option for lunch and dinner. Their menu has a variety of American dishes and plenty of pizza options.
Their appetizers include fried cheese curds, potato skins, loaded french fries, and more. There are several sandwiches and salads if you’re looking for something lighter for lunch.
Dinner options consist of a platter-style entree centered around your choice of protein. Each also comes with coleslaw, fries, and rye bread to round out the dish. If you opt for pizza, you’ll have the choice to build your own or choose from one of their eleven 16-inch specialty pizzas.
Twin Peaks Lodge & Hot Springs is conveniently located soon after you enter Ouray from the south. Take US-550 (a.k.a. the Million Dollar Highway) around the U-shaped bend on the highway and you’ll be on Main Street. Take the first lefthand turn onto 3rd Avenue and the lodge will be on your left, right on the intersection of 3rd Ave and 2nd St.
Address: 125 3rd Ave, Ouray, CO 81427
Hours: 9 am – 9 pm
Type: Overnight resort, no public day-use
Latest in Twin Peaks Lodge
Nestled in the rugged San Juan mountains, Durango, Colorado is an outdoor lover’s paradise. Although there…