Hahns Peak Museum features a few historic buildings including the Schoolhouse and Wither Cabin. There is also a Museum Built and Pole Barn. It’s located in the historic mining town of Hahns Peak, north of Steamboat Springs.
The museum is open during the summer season. It’s managed by the Hahns Peak Historical Society. Learn about the historic town of Hahns Peak, once the Routt County Seat.
- Schoolhouse – Played a central role for the village as a school, church and community center. It has been restored to its original appearance including schoolbooks.
- Wither Cabin – Oldest existing building in town.
- Bear Cage Jail – Originally from the town’s courthouse it was moved to the museum behind the schoolhouse. The jail spent a brief stint in use in Steamboat Springs as well.
- Museum – Displays on early pioneers and life in the region.
- Pole Barn – A replica was built. It was used by students to stable their horses.
- Original Bar – Moved from the Saloon in Hahns Peak.
Season: Memorial Day through Labor Day
Hours: Daily 12pm-4pm, weather permitting