For those who don’t want to leave their furry family members at home during travel, there are fortunately several dog-friendly hotels in Colorado Springs. And since the city is home to plenty of parks, trails, and breweries where dogs are welcome, this works out great.
For all of the hotels on this list, there is an additional fee to bring your pup. Since the actual cost can change and depend on your length of stay, it’s a good idea to call the hotel directly to know how much it will be.
Things to keep in mind when traveling with your dog:
- Thoroughly read a hotel’s policy for bringing a pet along. These usually explain where exactly your dog is allowed on the property and the rules on leashing. Policies can also indicate if a dog can be left unattended in the room or the time limit to be left in the room, additional costs if there is damage to the room or hotel, and other important details.
- There are different policies in place for those traveling with a service animal, so it’s a great idea to call a hotel to inquire directly about this.
- Many Colorado Springs hotels require you to make prior arrangements with housekeeping if your dog is in the room.
- Just because a hotel allows dogs in the room, doesn’t mean they’re allowed in other areas, such as restaurants, lounges, the pool, or fitness centers.
- There may be a restriction on the number of dogs allowed, the weight limit, and the breed.
Hotels may require proof of vaccination, so it’s always a good idea to have that on hand.
- Pack dog travel essentials for your trip – up-to-date ID tags, pet first-aid kit, current vaccination record, water, food, treats, toys, a leash, and a familiar blanket from home.
- Read hotel reviews on Google and Yelp to discover how other guests traveling with pets describe their experience. Bring Fido is a great resource for getting more insight into what the hotel experience was like for dog owners before booking.
Here’s a look at among the best pet-friendly hotels in Colorado Springs, in no particular order:
This section contains referral links. If you click through and take action, we may receive a commission, at no additional cost to you.
The Broadmoor is a Five-Star and AAA Five-Diamond resort with several restaurants on-site as well as a pool, golf course and spa. Pets are welcome at this luxurious hotel for a fee. However, keep in mind that dogs aren’t allowed in the pool area, tennis court, restaurants, and on the golf course.
A complimentary treat is available for dogs, as well as food bowls and Broadmoor bedding to use while staying at the hotel. A map of the property outlines where the pet stations are located.
The hotel also has a list of preferred pet specialists for any pet sitting, walking services, veterinary services, and pet supplies. There is even a special room-service menu available, including Blue Buffalo adult solid food, soft dog food, and treats.
- 1 Lake Avenue | 719-577-5775
- Check prices, availability or book The Broadmoor
Cheyenne Mountain Colorado Springs
Cheyenne Mountain Resort has multiple swimming pools and tennis courts, restaurants on-site, a spa and wellness center and a golf course. There are also areas to play pickleball, basketball and volleyball.
Dogs staying at the property receive a welcome bag with treats and clean up bags, which is given during check-in. Dogs are required to be registered, must be on a leash and aren’t allowed in any restaurants. There is a limit of two dogs per room, each weighing under 80 pounds. There is an additional fee for dogs, for each day.
- 3225 Broadmoor Valley Road | 719-538-4000
- Check prices, availability or book Cheyenne Mountain Resort
The Mining Exchange
Located in downtown Colorado Springs, The Mining Exchange was named a Traveler’s Choice Hotel on Tripadvisor. This is a restored historic hotel, originally built as a stock exchange for mining companies in 1902. There is a restaurant and bar on-site, as well as a fitness center and a spa.
Up to two dogs are able to stay here for a non-refundable deposit. There is a 50-pound weight limit for each dog. Guests must sign a pet waiver during check-in.
- 8 South Nevada Avenue | 719-323-2000
- Check prices, availability or book The Mining Exchange
Best Western Plus Park Vista Inn & Suites
This Best Western location is an award-winning AAA 3-Diamond hotel. Amenities include guest laundry services, an indoor pool, a business center, and an exercise area. A daily full complimentary breakfast can include assorted fruit, eggs, pancakes, bagels and other breads, cereal, coffee, and tea.
This hotel is located north of downtown Colorado Springs closer to the Air Force Academy. Dogs (up to two) are allowed in a room for an additional fee per day. Dogs need to be 80 pounds or under to stay.
- 7600 Commerce Center Drive | 719-598-7500
- Check prices, availability or book Best Western Plus Park Vista Inn
The Academy Hotel Colorado Springs
The Academy Hotel Colorado Springs received a Certificate of Excellence from Tripadvisor in 2019. The hotel offers a free breakfast buffet complete with made-to-order omelets and a waffle bar. There is also a fitness center, indoor heated pool, complimentary games and coin-operated laundry on-site.
There is a designated “Pet Wing” located at The Academy Hotel, which has pet-friendly rooms.
- 8110 North Academy Boulevard | 719-598-5770
- Check prices, availability or book The Academy Hotel
SCP Colorado Springs Hotel
SCP Colorado Springs Hotel has 141 guest rooms in a minimalist style, using sustainable materials. There is a market on-site serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as grab-and-go items and local beer. There is a complimentary fitness area and local coffee available.
Pets are welcome here for an additional one-time fee. There is a limit of two dogs per room, and pets can’t be left unattended anytime. The staff requests reviewing their pet policy before checking in. This includes restrictions and acknowledgments, such as financial responsibility for any damage, not storing pet food outside and dogs must be leashed at all times.
- 2850 South Circle Drive | 719-430-5400
- Check prices, availability or book SCP Colorado Springs Hotel
Drury Inn & Suites Colorado Springs
Drury Inn & Suites Colorado Springs is located near the Air Force Academy about 10 miles away from downtown. The smoke-free hotel has a pool and whirlpool as well as a free hot breakfast. An evening “Kickback” offers complimentary food and drink.
Upon check-in, guests are asked to sign the Pet Guidelines. There is a daily fee charged for pets, and dogs are not allowed in any of the public areas of the hotel. There can be two pets per room with a combined weight of 80 pounds.
- 1170 InterQuest Parkway | 719-598-2500
- Check prices, availability or book Drury Inn & Suites
At Kinship Landing boutique hotel, you’ll find unique amenities inspired by the great outdoors, including lockers for your outdoor gear and mountain views available in some rooms. Homa Café and Bar is located on the first floor, serving breakfast all day, both sweet and savory small pies, bowls, sandwiches and beverages.
Guests are welcome to bring their dogs for an additional fee per night. The hotel offers designated pet-friendly rooms and corridors, located on the second floor. You can find a four-legged itinerary on their website complete with dog-friendly nearby hikes and breweries.
- 415 South Nevada Avenue | 719-203-9309
- Check prices, availability or book Kinship Landing
Garden of the Gods Resort
Garden of the Gods Resort was named as the number one spot on Yelp’s Top 100 Places to Stay in the US 2022. The resort features plenty to do, including group fitness classes, a fitness center, pools, golf, tennis, pickleball, a children’s playground, splash pad and various drink and dining opportunities on-site.
The hotel specifies they welcome “polite” dogs for a non-refundable fee. Dogs must be under 40 pounds, remain on a leash while outside the room and be registered prior to checking in the property.
- 3320 Mesa Road | 800-923-8838
- Check prices, availability or book Garden of the Gods Resort
Colorado Springs Marriott
This Colorado Springs Marriott offers an indoor pool, outdoor pool, hot tub, fitness center and a restaurant on-site. In the morning, enjoy a complimentary breakfast buffet or grab-n-go breakfast options.
Pets are allowed within designated rooms that are located on the second and third floors. There is a maximum of 50 pounds and two pets allowed per room. There is an additional charge per stay.
- 5880 Tech Center Drive | 719-260-1800
- Check prices, availability or book Colorado Springs Marriott
Hampton Inn & Suites Colorado Springs / I-25 South
Hampton Inn & Suites offers an option for both traditional guest rooms and suites. This can feature a sofa bed in addition to the regular bed, a wet bar, microwave, refrigerator and work desk. On-site amenities include an indoor pool, fitness center, business center and free hot breakfast in the morning.
Dogs are welcome at most Hampton Inn properties including this one. There is an additional non-refundable fee, which varies on the amount of nights staying on the property. Guests can bring up to two dogs per room.
- 2910 Geyser Drive | 719-884-0330
- Check prices, availability or book Hampton Inn & Suites COS I-25 South
Residence Inn Colorado Springs First & Main
This Residence Inn location provides free coffee and tea, complimentary hot breakfast in the morning, a 24-hour fitness center, dry cleaning services, an indoor pool and laundry facilities. For guests planning on staying longer or just wanting a little more room, there are spacious suites with separate living areas and a fully equipped kitchen. Some rooms have a mountain view available.
Pets are welcome here for an extra cost per stay. The maximum weight allowed for a pet is 75 pounds.
- 6020 South Carefree Circle | 719-473-0370
- Check prices, availability or book Residence Inn COS First & Main
Holiday Inn Express & Suites COS South I-25
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Colorado Springs South I-25 offers a few different room options, including ones with a sofa bed, microwave or minifridge. An indoor pool, whirlpool, on-site fitness center, full daily breakfast buffet and on-site business center are some of the amenities here.
You can bring along your pet to this Holiday Inn location. For those with a dog, there is a nightly charge.
- 4435 Venetucci Boulevard | 719-576-0605
- Check prices, availability or book Holiday Inn Express & Suites COS South I-25
Home2 Suites by Hilton Colorado Springs South
Home2 Suites by Hilton Colorado Springs South is located eight miles away from the Garden of the Gods and just a 10-minute drive to downtown Colorado Springs. You’ll find a free hot breakfast, indoor pool, fitness center and connecting rooms.
As with other Hilton properties, this Home2 Suites also welcomes pets. If you’re traveling with your dog, you can indicate that upon booking. There is a non-refundable fee that will depend on the number of nights staying at the property. There is a maximum of two dogs allowed in each room.
- 1235 Tenderfoot Hill Road | 719-226-3440
- Check prices, availability or book Home2 Suites by Hilton COS South
SpringHill Suites COS North/Air Force Academy
This SpringHill Suites has an on-site bar open daily with local beer and wine. The hotel features an indoor pool, kitchenette, a fitness center and a free buffet with a hot breakfast. To unwind, there is a firepit located near the lobby.
Pets are allowed at this property with a per-stay fee. There is a maximum of two dogs welcome.
- 1320 Republican Drive | 719-896-2320
- Check prices, availability or book SpringHill Suites COS North
Residence Inn Colorado Springs South
Residence Inn Colorado Springs South has studio, one-bedroom suites and two-bedroom suites. There are fully-equipped kitchens with pots and pans, dishes, a microwave and a dishwasher. For runners, there are also mapped runs available.
Pets are allowed here with an extra cost per stay, per pet. The website specifically notes that aggressive pets are prohibited. The maximum weight for a pet is 25 pounds here.
- 2765 Geyser Drive | 719-576-4848
- Check prices, availability or book Residence Inn COS South
Staybridge Suites Colorado Springs NE Powers
This Staybridge Suites spot has numerous amenities to enjoy your stay – an outdoor grilling area, fire features, outdoor lounging areas and a hot tub. There is also a free hot breakfast each morning and a 24-hour fitness center.
Dogs can join you on your stay for an extra nonrefundable fee per night. There are extended stay pet fee options for guests staying any more than seven nights at the hotel.
- 5420 New Car Drive | 719-653-3304
- Check prices, availability or book Staybridge Suites COS NE Powers
Holiday Inn Express & Suites COS First & Main
The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Colorado Springs First & Main offers a free breakfast buffet each day and complimentary coffee in the lobby. There is an indoor heated pool and 24-hour fitness center.
For those bringing a dog, there is a pet walking area on-site. There is an additional non-refundable cleaning fee charged per stay. There could be up to two pets per room. The website does note that pets may not be left unattended in the hotel room, additional charges for damages can occur and to contact the hotel for additional pet policy information.
- 3431 Cinema Point | 719-596-6000
- Check prices, availability or book Holiday Inn Express COS First & Main
These dog-friendly hotels in Colorado Springs allow you to bring your pup along on your adventures. Be sure to let the hotel staff know your dog will be joining you and understand the pet policy, and it’ll be a nice trip.
For those heading down to the Mile High City with your pup, consider one of these dog-friendly hotels in Denver.