Step back into the gold mining days of Cripple Creek & Victor. This scenic train ride moves you along on century-old locomotives. Trains depart every 40 minutes from 1894 Depot in downtown Cripple Creek (at the head of historic Bennett Avenue).
Departs: Cripple Creek every 40 minutes from mid-May to mid-October
Trip: Cripple Creek to Victor – 45 minutes; 4 miles
- Engine #1 – 0-4-4-0 Orenstein & Koppel articulated mallet built in 1902.
- Engine #2 – 0-4-0 Henschel built in 1936.
- Engine #3 – 0-4-0 H. K. Porter tank built in 1927.
- Engine #4 is the W. G. Bagnall 0-4-4-0T, built in 1947; this engine is currently in restorations.
- Engine #5 – 1951 General Electric, four wheel, Diesel-Electric engine. Currently being used by the CCVNG track crew.
All Aboard these Top Train Rides in Colorado – From utility to tourist attraction, Colorado’s railroad system has seen its share of twists and turns and ups and downs. Today you can tour the same historic routes and remote mountainsides that helped fuel…