Cripple Creek is an Old West gambling town, located about an hour west of Colorado Springs. Downtown is lined with nearly all casinos and plenty of historic charm. The casinos aren’t as large as in Black Hawk, but there’s plenty to see and do in this fascinating town.
The town is a full of history and casinos. It’s located west of Colorado Springs, about an hour’s drive. In addition to casinos, the area is full of historic mines, and surrounded by nature. Combined with Victor, it was the “World’s Greatest Gold Camp”.
Camping and hiking trails can be found seventeen miles away at Mueller State Park. For a short one or two hour trek, walk the Vindicator Valley Trail in Victor.
Casinos – It’s one of only three casino towns in Colorado, along with Black Hawk and Central City. Popular casinos are Century, Double Eagle, JP McGills and Midnight Rose.
Mine Tours – As part of the “World’s Greatest Mining Camp”, Cripple Creek got it’s start with silver and gold. Exploring the area’s mines can be done at a variety of locations. The Mollie Kathleen Mine takes you one thousand feet below the surface.
Railroads – The Cripple Creek & Victor NGRR loops down to neighbor and fellow mining town Victor. It’s a forty-five minute train ride along a gorgeous mountainside, running mid-May to mid-October.
- Mueller State Park to the north offers 19 miles of scenic, wooded trails.
- Mueller State Park is situated thirty minutes north on Highway 67. It’s nestled high in the mountain forests, offering a great getaway and base for exploring the area. Camping is open year round.
- Vindicator Valley Trail in nearby Victor is a remarkable trek around the old mining camps of Independence City.
- Mueller State Park has fifty-five miles of hiking trails.
Top 7 Cool Hotels in Cripple Creek – Come on down to Cripple Creek and have yourself a time! This alpine casino town offers a lot of tourist attractions, including a lot of top hotels to pick from. Discover the remnants of the high valley’s past, alongside the town’s modern…
- Bronco Billy’s Casino & Hotel – casino
- Century Casino at Cripple Creek – casino
- Double Eagle Hotel & Casino – casino
- Imperial Hotel & Restaurant – historic
Feb – Cripple Creek Ice Fest – Best ice sculptors from across the country descend upon Teller county in February.
Things to do near Cripple Creek
- Cripple Creek District Museum
- Cripple Creek Heritage Center (1mi)
- Outlaws & Lawmen
- Victor Lowell Thomas (5mi)
Go All In at the Best Poker Rooms in Colorado – There are plenty of reasons to visit Colorado. Whether it’s access to the skiing, hiking and climbing the mountains offer, the booming beer scene or, yes, the legalized recreational marijuana that has contributed…
Head to Cripple Creek for the Best Casino Experiences near Colorado Springs – Want to get crazy in Colorado Springs? Although this swinging little town boasts the best of what the Centennial State has to offer, the one thing they haven’t got in spades is casinos. But…
Get Lucky at 10 of Colorado’s Favorite Casinos – Colorado isn’t necessarily known for its casino culture. But with a few local American Indian reservations and a few towns that permit gambling, there are actually several terrific casinos to visit while you’re in state…