Due to population growth in Colorado, Woodland Park is now more of a suburb of Colorado Springs than the tourist town it once was. Pikes Peak hovers in the distance, visible from nearly anywhere in town. It’s located just west of the Springs on Highway 24.
There are a lot of choices for grabbing a bite in town. Established in 1962, the Swiss Chalet Restaurant serves fine steak and seafood in an Alps-like setting. The Historic Ute Inn is a locals’ dive with a full lunch and dinner menu.
For tasty micro brew and plenty of outdoor seating head to BierWerks Brewery. Crystola Roadhouse is a biker bar on Highway 24, with burgers, beer and live music.
- Nearby Mueller State Park offers over a hundred campsites in an alpine forest.
- There is hiking of all levels to be found by Pikes Peak.
- Mueller features 55 miles of trails.
- Another stunning place to hike is the Florissant Fossil Beds.
Things To Do in Woodland Park, CO
- Cripple Creek (25mi)
- Manitou Cliff Dwellings (13mi)
- Pikes Peak Cog (13mi)
- Pikes Peak Highway (12mi)
- Cheyenne Mountain Zoo (21mi)
8 Great Restaurants in Woodland Park – Woodland Park boasts of a myriad of restaurants, providing options no matter what your taste buds are looking for. This mountain town is closest enough to Colorado Springs that it’s often considered a suburb, thanks to…
Tent & RV Camping around Colorado Springs Area – With all of the major tourist attractions around Colorado Springs, it’s probably wise spending a night or two near town to see it all. While there are dozens of awesome accommodations to choose from…