Pike National Forest comprises around 1,729 sq miles in the Front Range. It’s contains most of the forest going west from Colorado Springs.
These marvels are easy to reach from the Front Range.
Antero Reservoir – Boating and fishing lake located just west of Hartsel.
Motor Vehicle Use Maps: Large, PDF’s from the USFS. They show forest service roads.
- Pikes Peak – Monument, Colorado Springs
- South Platte – West – Grant
- South Platte – East – Bailey, Deckers
- South Platte – East Inset – Deckers
- South Park – West – Alma, Fairplay, Hartsel
- South Park – East – Lake George
Pike Campgrounds: Reservations