Webster, CO is a ghost town located about 45 minutes southwest of Denver, in Park County, Colorado. Today, none of the original buildings remain, just outside of Grant, Colorado. The former townsite is now split between private and Pike National Forest land.
In 1878, William Emerson Webster and the Montezuma Silver Mining Co partnered to develop a toll road over Webster Pass. As miners used the route to travel between Denver and the Snake River Mining Area, the town of Webster developed as an important shipping station.
With the construction of several easier methods to cross the Continental Divide, Webster Pass slowly lost its steady stream of traffic and the town was abandoned.
From Grant – Head west along Highway 285 and continue approximately 2 miles past the town to reach Kenosha Gulch. The former townsite is located at the intersection with County Rd 60.
County: Park County
Roads: Unpaved, dirt roads
Season: June – October