Cave of the Winds is one of America’s favorite show caves, located at the base of Pikes Peak in Manitou Springs. There are two ways to explore the cave: a simple walking tour, and a move adventures lantern tour.
Strollers, baby backpacks, and wheelchairs are not allowed on cave tours. Children 5 and under are not permitted on Lantern Tours
This main walking tour runs 45 minutes and is perfect for families and others looking for an educational and fun experience. It winds through nearly a mile of complex caverns.
A truly unique way to explore the caverns is through lantern light. All participants carry their own lantern through these rugged caverns just as early explorers did. It’s ideal for the more daring visitors. The tour runs 1.5 hours.
- Wind Walker Challenge Course – A 3-story obstacle course balanced on the rim of a 600-foot drop over Williams Canyon. Participants are strapped in a full-body harness and have the opportunity to navigate a maze of steel beams, ropes and ladders. Open March through September.
- Via Ferrata
- Frontier Canyon Zip Lines
- Cliffhanger Climbing Wall
- Geronimo’s Leap
- Magic Lantern Theatre
- Panning for Gemstones
- Axe Throwing
- Stalactykes Adventure Slide
- Caver’s Crawl
- Visitor Center & Gift Card
- Williams Canyon Overlook
Address: 100 Cave Of The Winds Rd, Manitou Springs, CO
Season: Year round
Hours – Summer 9am-9pm, Winter 10am-5pm