Cumbres and Toltec Scenic Railway is America’s highest and longest coal-fired, steam-operated narrow gauge railroad. It was built in 1880 and hasn’t changed much since. The train operates from late May to mid October.
Cumbres & Toltec Train Rides
64 miles along Colorado, New Mexico border from Antonito, CO to Chama, NM
- #1 Antonito to Chama by Bus; Return by Train – Daily from 8:30am-4:40pm
- #2 Antonito to Chama by Train; Return by Bus – Daily from 10am-5:25pm
- #3 Antonito to Osier; Turn by Train – Daily from 10am-4:40pm
- #4 Chama to Antonito by Bus; Return by Train – Daily from 8:30am-4:05pm
- #5 Chama to Antonito by Train; Return by Bus – Daily from 10am-5:30pm
- #6 Chama to Osier; Return by Train; Daily from 10am-4:05pm
Cumbres & Toltec Train Fares
Vary depending on route and are subject to change. A home-cooked lunch buffet is included in all tickets.
- Deluxe Tourist
Season: late May-mid October