[Rock climbing in Eldorado Canyon State Park. Photo: goldenmountainguides.com] Golden Mountain Guides offers experienced instructors to lead you on rock and ice climbing trips by the Front Range. They are based out of Golden, Colorado, making them one of easiest to reach for the majority of Colorado’s population.
Whether you’re a complete newb or seasoned rock climber, Golden Mountain Guides has something to offer you. They provide both private half day and full climbing guided trips, as well as two classic experiences: the Flatirons and Moab/Desert Towers.
Half Day – The most common choice is a 4 hour trip by a pro AMGA guide. It’s open to beginners, intermediate and advanced climbers. They will provide all the needed equipment for rock climbing, you just bring personal supplies like a backpack, water, snacks, sunscreen, etc. Most climbs head to Eldorado Canyon State Park or Clear Creek Canyon.
Full Day – These 8 hour trips really improve your climbing skills and can accomplish bigger goals. In addition to the two common locations above, the Cathedral Spires are open to full day guided climbs too.
Guided ice climbing trips offer the thrill of rock climbing all winter long. Clear Creek Canyon is the ice climbing location of choice. They provide all the equipment you need, plus a professional ice climbing guide. Boot rentals are required and should be reserved ahead of time to ensure proper size.
Courses & Clinics
Golden Mountain Guides provides several different courses to really specialize your learning. They are taught in a 5:1 ratio, ensuring you have ample instruction from your guide. Some of the courses include:
- Gym to Crag – Take your rock climbing from the indoor gym to the outdoor playground.
- Intro to Trad – Learn the next level from sport climbing with trad climbing. Traditional protection is a skill every serious climber should possess to go to the next level and bigger mountains.
- Self Rescue – While you hopefully never need to use self-rescue, if shit goes sour, it’s a life saving skillset to have with you. Learn how to rescue your partner and yourself in this one day course.
- Anchors – Single pitch and multi-pitch anchor construction are taught in this full day course. This important clinic teaches utilizing the rope and hazard assessment.
- Learn to Lead – Go from an experience top roper to a leader of sport routes. Other skills covered are back-clipping, falling on bolts, and route anchor construction.
- Crack Climbing – Learn how to climb the cracks and use them properly. Jam all different size cracks and use a tape glove. It teaches first rate jamming skills for hands and feet, in cracks from fingers to chimneys.
- Moab Skills & Scenery – If you want to elevate your rock climbing fast, this will take you from a new climber to a confident one. Climb Moab’s stunning sandstones and boost your technical know-how.
Address: 1418 Ford St, Golden, CO 80401
Season: Year round