Town Park is the heart of community activities in Telluride. The park is a venue for numerous festivals and concerts in the summer. There are also campgrounds, softball fields, swimming pools and many other amenities you can find in the park.
Some of the facilities include:
- Sand Volleyball Courts
- Swimming Pool
- Tennis/Pickleball Courts
- Two Ice Skating Rinks including Hanley Ice Rink
- Toddler Playground
- Imagination Station Playground
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycle Pump Track
- Skateboarding Park
- Sledding Hill
- Kid’s Fishing Pond
- Three separate baseball parks
- Telluride Nordic Center
- BBQ Station
- Town Park Campground
You can also check out certain complimentary items each summer with a valid driver’s license:
- Soccer balls
- Softballs / bats
- Tennis racquets and balls
Town Park Campground
Located within a short walk of beautiful downtown Telluride is the Town Park Campground. All campsites operate on an online reservations-only system. Check-in is at 3 pm/ check-out is 2 pm.
Vehicles Campsites – There are 28 vehicle campsites, 10 of which can accommodate (most) larger RVs. A vehicle site is considered any popup or pull-behind trailer, as well as RV and detached truck campers. For those with an RV, it’s the only place within town limits where you can RV camp. There are no hookups, and dumping is available for a fee at the Waste Water Treatment Plant.
Walk-In Campsites – In addition to the vehicle campsites, there are 5 walk-in campsites perfect for tents. Bathrooms and showers are provided for use at the Town Park.
The vehicle sites limit up to 6 people per campsite and 2 vehicles (1 RV). Walk-in sites limit to 4 people and 1 vehicle. Seniors above the age of 59 can get a discount. You can stay at the park for a maximum of 7 nights throughout a span of 30 days. Checkout and check-in times are at 11 AM every day where you can also renew your camping pass.
The camping season is from mid-May to mid-October. However, it’s reserved for private festivals only camping during certain annual events, including Bluegrass Festival, Blues & Brews, and Jazz Fest.
Other Useful Information
- The park observes quiet hours between 10 PM and 8 AM daily.
- Wood fires are prohibited but charcoal fires are allowed in grills.
- Pets must be leashed and not left unattended. Ensure you pick up after your pet if you decide to bring your pet to the park. Pets are not allowed in the restroom facilities or any other buildings. During festivals, they are often not permitted.
- Food brought to the park must be stowed away and not left outside. Since the park is in bear territory, there are 6 bearproof food lockers where you can safely store your food.
- Vending or setting up a stall is prohibited.
Address: 500 E Colorado Ave, Telluride, CO 81435
Season: Year round
Pets: Yes, on-leash (not during some festivals)