Situated just south of Steamboat Springs, Snow Buddy Dog Sled Tours is a family-run dog sled company operated by Sarah and Dan Piano in Oak Creek that takes you into the heart of the Flat Top Mountains.
Dog Sledding Tours
Guest have the choice of either sitting cozy in a sled or guiding their own team of dogs on Dunckley Pass. Tours run every day during the winter season from December to March. You can book tours online in advance and it’s recommended that you dress warmly and wear good waterproof boots.
There are three choices of tours that you can reserve:
Learn to Mush Half-Day Adventure – 450 lbs limit/sled
- Fully guided tour on the Flat Top’s Dunckley Pass racing through the Routt National Forest.
- Complimentary homemade snacks and hot beverages
- Tour Times: 8:45 am & 12:45 pm
Learn to Mush Full-Day – 300 lbs limit/driver
- Full-day excursion where you’ll drive the dog sled, learn comprehensive animal care, and do other hands-on activities with the dogs.
- 3-person minimum or additional charge | 4-person maximum
- Reservation required | Not offered during peak season
- No passengers
- Catered lunch
Sunset Dinner Tour – 450 lbs limit/sled
- Sled off in a charming dog sled ride for an alpine camp at sunset catered by a local gourmet restaurant, presented by your private guide.
- Not recommended for children under 12
- 2-person minimum | 6-person maximum
- Average trip: 4 hours
Address: County Rd 8, Oak Creek, CO 80467
Season: December – March