The Rochester Hotel & Leland House is a charming, classical bed and breakfast located in the heart of Durango. There are two unique properties, assuring you’ll find that perfect accommodation. This historic family-owned hotel in Durango was established by mother and son tandem Diane Wildfang and Kirk Komick.
Historic Hotel in Downtown Durango, CO
Kirk and Diane purchased the Leland House from Leland and Lola Hill back in 1993. As a way to honor its previous owners who had the house since 1947, it was given the name Leland House. Each room in the house is named after some of Durango’s historic figures. A year after restorations were complete, the duo began working on the rundown Rochester Hotel, one of Durango’s oldest hotels.
It now has 15 beautiful king and queen rooms. Each room in Rochester Hotel was thoughtfully designed with a Western movie theme. Kirk and Diane tried to preserve both its historic features but still managed to upgrade both buildings with the necessary modern amenities.
Guests have the option to choose from their Leland House rooms or Rochester Hotel rooms.
- Queen Rooms – A bungalow-style room with a Queen Bed, wet bar, a sitting area by the window, ceiling fan, and fine linens.
- Queen Suites – A apartment-style suite with a living room area that has a queen sofa sleeper. It has a small dining room, a full kitchen, and can accommodate 4 guests.
- Double Queen Room – A spacious room that can sleep four people and has two Queen beds and a private bath.
- Pittman Suite – Perfect for families up to 6, this suite has a dining room, full kitchen, two bedrooms, a small balcony, and a living area with a Queen sofa sleeper.
- Double Rooms – Boasting a “Hollywood of the Rockies” theme, the room has two queen beds and can sleep up to 4 people.
- King Rooms – This spacious king room includes a private bath, desk, and chair. The rooms are designed after Western movies that were filmed in the Durango area.
- The Loft – This apartment-style suite can sleep 4 guests and has a small living room area with a fireplace and view of Perins Peak.
Additionally, the hotel has a secret garden (great for small and intimate gatherings), complimentary tea and cookies every afternoon, and complimentary bikes to explore the streets and some of the town’s attractions.
Check prices, availability or book Rochester Hotel & Leland House
Address: 726 E 2nd Ave, Durango, CO 81301
Rating: 2 star
Back in Time at Colorado’s Most Historic Hotels – Few states boasts the colorful Wild West past that Colorado does. You can experience a trip back a hundred years or more at many of the state’s historic hotels. Some have been in exist and operating as…