The Rochester Hotel & Leland House is a charming, classical bed and breakfast located in the heart of Durango. There are two unique properties, assuring you’ll find that perfect accommodation.
This historic family-owned hotel in Durango was established by mother and son tandem Diane Wildfang and Kirk Komick.
Historic Hotel in Downtown Durango, CO
Kirk and Diane purchased the Leland House from Leland and Lola Hill back in 1993. As a way to honor its previous owners who’s had the house since 1947, it was given the name Leland House. Each room in the house is named after some of Durango’s historic figures.
A year after restoring the Leland House, the mother and son team began working on the rundown Rochester Hotel which is one of Durango’s oldest hotels. It now has 15 beautiful king and queen rooms. Each room in Rochester Hotel was thoughtfully designed with a Western movie theme.
Kirk and Diane tried to preserve both its historic features but still managed to upgrade both buildings with the necessary modern amenities.
Guests have the option to choose from their Leland House rooms or Rochester Hotel rooms.
- Queen Rooms – The bungalow style room has a Queen Bed, wet bar, a sitting area by the window, ceiling fan, and fine linens.
- Queen Suites – The apartment style suite includes a living room area with a Queen sofa sleeper. It has a small dining room and full kitchen. The room can accommodate 4 guests.
- Double Queen Room – The spacious room can sleep four people and has two Queen beds and private bath.
- Pittman Suite – This is perfect for large families. It has a dining room, full kitchen, two bedrooms, a small balcony, and a living area with a Queen sofa sleeper. It can accommodate up to 6 people.
- Double Rooms – The rooms has a “Hollywood of the Rockies” theme. It has two queen beds and can sleep 4 people.
- King Rooms – This spacious King room includes a private bath, desk and chair. The rooms are designed after Western movies that were filmed in the Durango area.
- The Loft – The apartment style suite can sleep 4 guests. It has a small living room area with a fireplace and view of the Perins Peak.
- The Secret Garden – The beautiful garden is a perfect setting for small and intimate gatherings.
- R Space – Located adjacent to the Rochester Hotel, this is a brand new place for meeting and co-working.
- Complimentary Bikes – Guests can borrow complimentary cruiser bikes which are perfect to explore the streets and some of the town’s attractions.
- Complimentary teas and cookies – Spend your afternoon with tasty homemade snacks especially made for the hotel guests.
Check prices, availability or book Rochester Hotel & Leland House
Address: 726 E 2nd Ave, Durango
Rating: 2 star
Back in Time at Colorado’s Most Historic Hotels – Few states boasts the colorful Wild West past that Colorado does. You can experience a trip back a hundred years or more at many of the state’s historic hotels. Some have been in exist and operating as…