The Spruce Lodge in South Forks is one of the most frequented hotels thanks to its relaxed and warm atmosphere. It’s located on the Rio Grande River at the foot of the San Juan Mountains.
Built-in 1927, the hotel is proudly listed on the National Register of Historic Places. They offer a variety of overnight accommodations, from hotel rooms to lodges, complete with a free breakfast buffet starting at four in the morning.
The hotel offers a couple of flexible options for guests who want to check-in. Visitors can choose between staying in one of the hotel rooms or a lodge.
Hotel Rooms – These rooms are perfect and relaxing after spending the day on the slopes.
- Double Queen Room – Features two queen beds, a refrigerator, a full bath, wireless internet, complimentary breakfast, and a covered porch where you can stand in awe of the mountains.
- Deluxe King Queen Room – Has a queen and king bed as well as all the amenities included in the double queen room.
Lodge – These lodges are perfect for families and groups who want to stay together.
- South Fork – Has two separate rooms, each with an electric fireplace. The bathroom comes with an oversize Jacuzzi brand jetted tub and shower. All standard amenities are inclusive plus free wireless internet and continental breakfast.
- Baxterville – Comes with everything that South Fork offers and is a comfortable place where groups and families.
- Rio Grande – Boasting a king bed and living room area that includes a futon-style sofa, the bathroom has a standard-size jacuzzi and an electric fireplace. They installed original hardwood floors and ceiling fans to add more character to the room.
- Cabin and RV Sites – Spruce Lodge offers cabins equipped with small kitchens which are perfect for small families. They also offer 12 RV sites that can welcome almost any sized RV.
The Hotel offers free Rio Grande River rafting for guests who stay three or more nights during their regular season. Some nearby activities include hiking, biking, ATV and Jeep trails, scenic drives, fly fishing, and hunting.
Check prices, availability or book Spruce Lodge
Address: 29431 US-160, South Fork, CO 81154