The Spruce Lodge in South Forks, is one of the most frequented hotels thanks to their relaxed and warm atmosphere. It’s located on the Rio Grande River at the foot of the San Juan Mountains.
Historic 2 star hotel in South Fork
Built in 1927, the hotel is proudly listed on the National Register of Historic Places. They offer a variety of overnight accommodations, from hotel rooms to lodges, complete with a free breakfast buffet starting at four in the morning.
The Spruce Lodge makes a great base as a gateway to Southwest Colorado, the Silver Thread Scenic Byway, and Wolf Creek Ski Area.
The hotel offers a couple of flexible options for guests who want to check in.
Hotel Rooms – These rooms are perfect and relaxing after spending the day on the slopes.
- Double Queen Room – It featured two queen beds, refrigerator, a full bath, wireless internet, complimentary breakfast and a covered porch where you can stand in awe of the mountains.
- Deluxe King Queen Room – The room has a queen and king bed and all the amenities included in the double queen room.
Lodge – These lodges are perfect for families and groups who want to stay together.
- South Fork – It has two separate rooms with an electric fireplace in each bedroom. The bathroom comes with an oversize Jacuzzi brand jetted tub and shower. All standard amenities are inclusive plus free wireless internet and continental breakfast.
- Baxterville – The suite comes with everything that South Fork offers. It will be a comfortable place where groups and families can stay.
- Rio Grande – The suit has a bedroom with a King size bed and a living room area that included a futon style sofa. Their beautiful bathroom has a standard size Jacuzzi brand jetted and an electric fireplace. They installed original hardwood floors and ceiling fan to add more character to the room.
- Cabin and RV Sites – Spruce Lodge offer cabins equipped with small kitchens which is perfect for small families. They also offer 12 RV sites that can welcome almost any sized RV.
The Hotel offers free Rio Grande River rafting for guests who stay three of more nights during their regular season.
Some nearby activities include hiking, biking, ATV and Jeep trails, scenic drives, fly fishing and hunting.
To book, check prices or availability for Spruce Lodge
Address: 29431 US-160, South Fork
Rating: 2 star