During the peak winter season days, Eagle County Regional Airport is the second busiest airport in the state. Situated between Eagle and Gypsum about 36 miles west of Vail, it’s the winter gateway to Vail and Beaver Creek ski resorts.
Eagle County Regional Airport (EGE) is located just off Highway 6, which runs parallel with and just south of I-70 from Eagle to Gypsum. It was originally built as an emergency landing strip for a route between Denver and Los Angeles in the 1930s.
It has since grown to offer 14 direct nonstop routes during the winter to locations around the United States. Owned and operated by Eagle County, EGE features nonstop flights to Dallas and Denver year-round.
Built-in 1993 and expanded in 2001, the terminal features 66,000 square feet of space. Colorado Gifts and Grub offers coffee, sandwiches, and souvenirs. It’s located before security. Free WiFi is available throughout the terminal.
Airlines Flying out of EGE
Note: Airlines and flight arrivals and departures are subject to change.
There are three commercial airlines operating out of Eagle County Regional Airport:
- American Airlines
- Delta Airlines
- United Airlines
Direct Nonstop Flights To/From EGE
EGE provides year-round direct non-stop flights to:
- Denver International Airport (DEN)
- Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW)
There are winter-only direct non-stop flights to:
- Denver, CO — *Denver International Airport (DEN)
- DFW, TX — *Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW)
- DFW, TX — Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW)
- Washington DC — Dulles International Airport (IAD)
- Houston, TX — George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH)
- Atlanta, GA — Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL)
- Queens, NY — John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)
- Queens, NY — LaGuardia Airport (LGA) – New York City
- Los Angeles, CA — Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
- Miami, FL — Miami International Airport (MIA)
- Newark, NJ — Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR)
- Chicago, IL — O’Hare International Airport (ORD)
- Phoenix, AZ — Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX)
- Salt Lake City, UT — Salt Lake International Airport (SLC)
- San Francisco, CA — San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
- *year-round flights, the rest are winter only
Parking and Transportation
Both short-term and long-term parking is available at the airport. Operated by Eagle County, Eco Transit has routes to/from the airport year-round. Or choose from a variety of shuttles, taxis, and limos for transportation to/from EGE.
There are a number of car rentals agencies available in the terminal including:
Off-airport car rentals include:
- Go Rentals
- Motion Rental Cars
Shuttle services providers include:
- Silver Mountain Express provides private car service to/from Eagle-Vail (EGE) and Denver International (DEN) airports.
Address: 217 Eldon Wilson Rd, Gypsum, CO 81637
Elevation: 1,993 meters / 6,539 feet
Owner: Eagle County