[Steamboat Springs Transit hybrid bus. Photo: steamboatsprings.net] Steamboat Springs Transit is one of the most innovative fleets in Colorado. Aside from riding free in all of Steamboat Springs buses, the transportation company, subsidized by the local government, are converting to hybrid buses.
Just last 2018, the company was covered in CBS Denver, and they featured a couple of the first few hybrid “buses of the future,” as they call it. The transit received a $16M grant fund together with Fort Collins, Grand Junction, Denver, Aspen, and Durango. These towns will split the grant total and start the journey towards creating a greener fleet.
SST is a reliable service for locals and tourists. Every year, they log about 620,000 miles from their 15 transit buses. They have a total of 40 full-time bus drivers that operate during business hours. They operate buses daily from Steamboat Springs west to Milner, Hayden and Craig.
Steamboat Springs Transit Routes are identified using colors:
- Green Line: Covers areas around Steamboat Ski Resort and Gondola Transit Center
- Red Line: Yampa Valley Medical Center, Riverside Plaza, Stockbridge Multimodal Center, Central Park Plaza, Gondola Transit Center, and Downtown Steamboat Springs
- Yellow Line: Springs High School, Downtown Steamboat Springs, Colorado Mountain College, Steamboat Springs
- Regional Bus: The only route in the transit that needs a fare (from $1 to 6). This goes to Milner, Hayden, and Craig.
- Aqua Line: Colorado Mountain College Steamboat Springs, Downtown Steamboat Springs, Stockbridge Multimodal Center, Riverside Plaza
- Blue Line: Stockbridge Multimodal Center, Downtown Steamboat Springs, Central Park Plaza (Steamboat Springs), Steamboat Springs Ski Resort, and Gondola Transit Center
- Cinnamon Line: Downtown Steamboat Springs and Central Park Plaza
- Orange Line: Steamboat Springs Ski Resort, Gondola Transit Center, and Central Park Plaza
- Purple Line: Steamboat Springs Ski Resort, Gondola Transit Center, Yampa Valley Medical Center, and Central Park Plaza
- Night Condo Line: Gondola Transit Center & Steamboat Springs Ski Resort
- Night Line: This route is only available during ski season.
Address: 1463 13th St, Steamboat Springs, CO 80487
Season: Year round