Craig is a remote Northwest town of about 10,000 people. There are lots things to do for the outdoorsman around Craig, with the most notable being hunting. It’s located forty-five minutes west of Steamboat Springs.
It’s known as the “Elk Hunting Capital of the World”, with people coming from all over to hunt the land of Moffat County, with most of them staying in Craig. Residing at 6,198 feet of elevation, Craig is the most populated town and the county seat.
- Both campgrounds and dispersed camping be found in the Routt and White River national forests.
- Read about the camping near Craig and Hayden.
- Yampa River has good trout fishing right by town.
Hotels and lodging:
- Read about the best hotels in Craig.
May – Grand Old West Days – Held over the Memorial Day weekend. This 3 day festival includes a horse show, parade, carnival, music, food and games.
Jun/Jul – Farmers Market – Held downtown on Thursdays from 12pm-6pm.
Activities near Craig
- Browns Park Wildlife Refuge (90mi)
- Dinosaur National Monument (85mi)
- Freeman Reservoir (23mi)
- Routt National Forest
- Sand Wash Basin (49mi)
- White River National Forest
- Yampa River
- Juniper Hot Springs (26mi)
- Dinosaur (87mi)
- Hayden (17mi)
- Kremmling (93mi)
- Lay (19mi)
- Meeker (48mi)
- Maybell (31mi)
- Milner (30mi)
- Rangely (92mi)
- Rifle (89mi)
- Steamboat Springs (42mi)
- Sunbeam (37mi)
Latest in Craig
Celebrate the 244th anniversary of our nation’s birthday with these 4th-of-July firework displays in Colorado by…