Hayden is a small western town with a few shops, restaurants and accommodations. It’s located between Craig and Steamboat Springs on Highway 40. Hayden Airport brings many visitors into town, but most skip downtown on the way to Steamboat Springs.
It had a population of 1,810 residents in 2010. Hayden resides at an elevation of 6,434 feet in Routt County.
Yampa River State Park – The headquarters of the park are located only minutes from downtown. A variety of recreation is offered on the 134 mile stretch of Yampa River managed by the park.
- Yampa River State Park has a large campground with 50 sites, 35 of them with electric hookups.
- Read about the camping near Craig and Hayden.
- Yampa River runs west past town towards Craig. There are a countless number of places to cast a line, with many great sections within the park.
Activities near Hayden
- Pearl Lake State Park (47mi)
- Stagecoach State Park (35mi)
- Steamboat Lake State Park (48mi)
- Yampa River State Park (1mi)