Surrounded by wilderness in Northwest Colorado, Pearl Lake State Park is a true escape from hustle and bustle. It’s located about 30 minutes north of Steamboat Springs and across County Road 129 from Steamboat Lake State Park.
Boating: Open May 1 through November 1 each year. The 167 acre reservoir is open to wakeless-only boating.
Camping: Yes, 36 sites, snowy conditions usually permit camping from late May through mid-October. Winter camping is closed, yurts are still available for rent.
- $18/night (May through Sept), $16/night (Oct thru April)
- Yurts- 2 available for rent for $70/night, electric heat and power, ceiling fan and light, 2 sets of bunk beds.
- Nearby Steamboat Lake keeps 14 electrical sites open in winter.
Fishing: Restricted to flies and artificial lures.Fishing, no bait fishing. 2 fish bag limit, must be over 18 inches. Cutthroat trout common.
Hiking: Hike from boat ramp to the dam, then connect with Coulton Creek Trail on the Routt National Forest.
- Pearl Lake Connection Trail (0.6mi) – A nice short, 1 hour round-trip hike from the boat ramp to the damn and back. Excellent views of Pearl Lake and Farewell Mountain; Possibility of connecting with Coulton Creek Trail for up to 6 miles one way.
Winter Recreation: Park and facilities are only accessible by snowshoe, cross-country ski or snowmobile in winter. Area gets over 300 inches of snow each year.
- Cross-Country Skiing – Permitted, but no groomed trails.
- Ice Fishing – Available during winter months, conditions permitting.
- Snowshoeing – Plenty of places to snowshoe around.
- Snowmobiling – Permitted during winter season.
- Winter Camping (Yurts) – Trail to yurts is about 1/2 mile long and only accessible by snowshoe, ski, snowmobile.
Address: County Rd 129, Clark
Season: Year round
Pets: Yes, on leash
Fees: $7/day, $70/annual (vehicle)
Map: Pearl Lake (PDF)
Affordable Rustic Retreats Year Round Colorado State Park Cabin & Yurt Rentals – When it comes to rustic retreats, there is certainly no shortage here in Colorado. From cozy cabins to backcountry huts and yurts, there are a plethora of options for creating…