Situated beside the South Platte River in Denver, the Downtown Aquarium is the largest aquarium between Chicago and California. It features a spectacular variety of aquatic life and habitats.
There’s a full restaurant and bar at the Aquarium with views of the fish. Dine around the 50,000 gallon centerpiece aquarium. The restaurant is open daily for lunch and dinner. The Dive Lounge also is open the same hours, but with a happy hour Monday to Friday.
Snorkeling and Scuba Diving
You can also scuba and snorkel with in the aquarium. Swim with the fishes is available to ages 6 and up wit no special certificates required. Dive with the Sharks is available to ages 10 and up with a dive certified and valid SCUBA certification.
- North America – A wide range of habits native to this continent.
- In The Desert – Wildlife living with less than 10″ of annual rain.
- Under The Sea – Life in coral reef just offshore, rich in caves.
- At The Wharf – Wildlife residing within crashing tides and waves.
- The Rainforest – Varying exhibits on rainforest habitats.
- Coral Lagoon – Coral lagoon protected from by a barrier reef.
- Sunken Temple – A replica ancient ruin.
- Shipwreck – Replicate wreck.
- At The Beach – Wildlife that lives in shallow water.
Address: 700 Water St, Denver
Season: Year round
- Sunday – Thursday 10am – 9pm
- Friday & Saturday 10am – 9:30pm
- Sunday – Thursday 11am – 9pm
- Friday & Saturday 11am – 10pm