Founded in Vail in 1976 as the Colorado Ski & Snowboard Museum, this free tourist attraction shows off the state’s exciting ski industry. Now known as the Colorado Snowsports Museum, it’s also the Colorado Ski Hall Of Fame, with narrative displays, artifacts, and films. There’s a related gift shop on-site to peruse.
- Climb to Glory
- Colorado Snowsports Hall of Fame
- Colorado’s Ski Resorts / Vail’s DNA & Climate: Into the Future
- Out There
- Colorado Competition Timeline
- 100 Years of Ski Fashion and Function
- Skiing Through Time
- James Bond “A View to Kill” Display
The museum is located next to the Vail Village Welcome Center next to the Lionshead Public Parking Garage. Parking is usually free for the first 2 hours and between 3pm and 3am. Parking is always free from spring through fall.
While in Vail this winter, be sure to carve some turns at Vail Ski Resort.
Address: 231 S Frontage Rd, Vail, CO
Season: Year round