The small statutory town of Elizabeth is located 20 minutes east of Castle Rock on the eastern plains. In 2010 it recorded a population of 1,358.
Elizabeth is the most populated city in Elbert County. It resides at an elevation of 6,476 feet. There are several shops and restaurants in “Old Town” Elizabeth, the downtown stretch.
The town was first called Russellville, but renamed after the territorial governor, John Evans, close family member. It was incorporated in October of 1890. It got its start as a saw mill camp.
Read about the Camping near Castle Rock, Larkspur and Monument.
Activities near Elizabeth
View the town’s official website.