Those with the urge to travel back to the 16th century should make sure to include the Colorado Renaissance Festival in their calendars! Taking place annually in Larkspur, the festival is normally held on Saturday and Sunday from mid-June to early August. A great event for the family, there will be plenty of turkey legs, mead, wine, and sweets to go around!
A truly transportive event, the Colorado Renaissance Festival spans acres of land and runs rain or shine. Guests are encouraged to dress up and there are outfit rentals on-site. Boasting a massive artisan market, guests can purchase swords, musical instruments, leather and woodwork, jewelry, costumes, flowers, hammocks, toys, perfume, tea, and crowns, to name a few items.
Moreover, there will be plenty of entertainment options as there will be acrobats, bands, knife swallowers, fire breathers, comedy acts, live demonstrations, hypnotists, jousting, and storytellers. The king also makes proclamations during the event, which make you really feel like you’ve stepped back in time.
This year’s event starts in mid-June and continues through the beginning of August. The dates for this year’s 2022 Colorado Renaissance Festival are:
- Saturday & Sunday | June 18-19 & 25-26, 2022
- Saturday & Sunday | July 2-3, 9-10, 16-17, 23-24 & 30-31, 2022
- Saturday & Sunday | August 6-7, 2022
It should be mentioned that pets are not allowed at this event. Anyone planning to wear a costume sword or dagger must have it correctly sheathed with a peace tie and present it to the Safety Services Personnel. Outside drinks and beverages are also not permitted.
Every weekend, the Colorado Renaissance Festival has a theme that has specific events, discounts, competitions, and performers. Whether you’re looking to renew your vows, sample free wine, join a kilt contest, or hug a unicorn, there is an ideal day for everyone. This year’s themed weekends are:
- Magical Fantasy Weekend | June 19-20
- Ale and Art Festival, Military Appreciation | June 25- 26
- Celtic Weekend | July 2-3
- Children’s Weekend | July 9-10
- Wine Revelry Weekend | July 16-17
- Love and Romance Weekend | July 23-24
- Pirate Invasion Weekend | July 30-31
- Time Travelers Weekend and Final Hazzah | August 6-7
Address: 650 Perry Park Ave Larkspur, CO 80118
Phone: (303) 688-6010
Date: Saturday & Sunday
- June | 18-19 & 25-26, 2022
- July | 2-3, 9-10, 16-17, 23-24, 30-31, 2022
- August | 6-7, 2022
Hours: 10am – 6:30pm