By February the Rocky Mountains are a winter wonderland. Celebrate the season and keep your spirits high by attending a winter festival. There are many fun events to choose from, with most catered around winter recreation.
2023 Annual February Festivals in Colorado
One of the longest-running festivals in Colorado, the Winter Carnival in Steamboat Springs has been going on for more than 100 years. February is notorious as the snowiest month of the year, so take advantage of a weekend gateway.
Mind Blown Telluride
- Date: Fri-Sat, November 26, 2022 – March 31, 2023
- Address: Telluride
- About: Taking place at The Peaks Resort & Spa, Ty Gallenbeck puts on a 75-minute magic performance that makes guests question the known.
- Date: Wed-Sun, February 1-5, 2023
- Address: Durango
- About: Now in its 44th year, this winter celebration features a costume party, follies, parade, and an annually changing theme.
High Plains Snow Goose Festival
- Date: Thur-Sun, February 2-5, 2023
- Address: Lamar
- About: Held in February during the annual migration, this festival is the perfect place to brush up on your birding knowledge with fellow enthusiasts.
Lake City Ice Climbing Festival
- Date: Saturday, February 4, 2023
- Address: Lake City Ice Park
- About: Men’s and women’s top-roped and lead speed competitions in secluded Lake City.
Steamboat Winter Carnival
- Date: Wed-Sun, February 8-12, 2023
- Address: Downtown Steamboat Springs
- About: In its 110th year, Steamboat’s Winter Carnival is a widely popular event complete with ski races, ski jumping, ice sculptures, fireworks, a shovel race, and street events.
Loveland Sweetheart Festival
- Date: Fri-Sat, February 10-11, 2023
- Address: New Foundry Plaza, Downtown Loveland
- Website: Two-day event held around Valentine’s Day, featuring the Loveland Sweetheart Classic 4-mile race. Other highlights include a beer tent, tunnel of love, laser show, kids’ activities, and other romantic festivities.
Colorado Pond Hockey Tournament
- Date: Fri-Sun, February 17-19, 2023
- Address: Lake Dillon, Silverthorne
- About: All are welcome to enter this ice hockey tournament sponsored by Pabst Blue Ribbon, with over $10,000 in cash prizes. It’s followed by the Apres Ice Party.
Carnivale & Mumbo Jumbo Gumbo Cook-Off
- Date: Saturday, February 18, 2023
- Address: Manitou Springs
- About: Carnivale kicks off with the Cajun Gumbo Cook-Off followed by a parade downtown.
Silverton Ski Joring
- Date: Sat-Sun, February 18-19, 2023
- Address: Silverton
- About: The annual Silverton Skijoring event touts itself as the city’s biggest winter party. A lesser-known Nordic sport that combines water skiing, horse racing, and snow skiing, Skijoring is when a horse (or motorcycle) tows a person on skis through a set of obstacles while the clock ticks down.
Cripple Creek Ice Fest
- Date: Sat-Sun, February 18-26, 2023
- Address: Downtown Cripple Creek
- About: Annual ice sculpture carving challenge in casino-friendly Wild West Cripple Creek.
Denver Mardi Gras
- Date: Saturday, February 25, 2023
- Address: Exdo Event Center, 1399 35th St, Denver
- About: Annual festival with live music, DJs, games, and free beads on Bourbon Street in the Mile High City.
Audi Power of Four Ski Mountaineering Race
- Date: Saturday, February 25, 2023
- Address: Aspen
- About: Winter edition of the Power of Four series, featuring a team of two mountaineers conquering more than 25 miles and 11,000 feet of vertical climb to traverse Buttermilk, Aspen Highlands, Highland Bowl, and Aspen Mountain.
Go To March Events
Latest in February
Things to do in February in Colorado
With the holidays behind us, February is the time we start to round out the winter…
6 Wonderful Colorado Winter Festivals
Fun is always just around the corner in Colorado, and that’s especially true each winter. While…
Upcoming Winter Festivals in Colorado
Winter is full of exciting Colorado carnivals and festivals to keep the spirits high. The winter…
First Friday Art Walks in the Mile High
A cool, hip city like Denver is bound to have some fun, art-related nightlife. Probably the…
Read more event articles
Search for upcoming performing arts, rodeos, and sports that aren’t listed under events.