By February the Rocky Mountains are a winter wonderland. Celebrate the season and keep your spirits high by attending a winter festival. There are many fun events to choose from, with most catered around winter recreation.
2023 Annual February Festivals in Colorado
One of the longest-running festivals in Colorado, the Winter Carnival in Steamboat Springs has been going on for more than 100 years. February is notorious as the snowiest month of the year, so take advantage of a weekend gateway.
- Date: Fri-Sat, November 26, 2022 – March 31, 2023
- Address: Telluride
- About: Taking place at The Peaks Resort & Spa, Ty Gallenbeck puts on a 75-minute magic performance that makes guests question the known.
- Date: Wed-Sun, February 1-5, 2023
- Address: Durango
- About: Now in its 44th year, this winter celebration features a costume party, follies, parade, and an annually changing theme.
- Date: Thur-Sun, February 2-5, 2023
- Address: Lamar
- About: Held in February during the annual migration, this festival is the perfect place to brush up on your birding knowledge with fellow enthusiasts.
- Date: Saturday, February 4, 2023
- Address: Lake City Ice Park
- About: Men’s and women’s top-roped and lead speed competitions in secluded Lake City.
- Date: Wed-Sun, February 8-12, 2023
- Address: Downtown Steamboat Springs
- About: In its 110th year, Steamboat’s Winter Carnival is a widely popular event complete with ski races, ski jumping, ice sculptures, fireworks, a shovel race, and street events.
- Date: TBD 2023
- Address: New Foundry Plaza, Downtown Loveland
- Website: Two-day event held around Valentine’s Day, featuring the Loveland Sweetheart Classic 4-mile race. Other highlights include a beer tent, tunnel of love, laser show, kids’ activities, and other romantic festivities.
- Date: Fri-Sun, February 17-19, 2023
- Address: Lake Dillon, Silverthorne
- About: All are welcome to enter this ice hockey tournament sponsored by Pabst Blue Ribbon, with over $10,000 in cash prizes. It’s followed by the Apres Ice Party.
- Date: Saturday, February 18, 2023
- Address: Manitou Springs
- About: Carnivale kicks off with the Cajun Gumbo Cook-Off followed by a parade downtown.
- Date: Sat-Sun, February 18-19, 2023
- Address: Silverton
- About: The annual Silverton Skijoring event touts itself as the city’s biggest winter party. A lesser-known Nordic sport that combines water skiing, horse racing, and snow skiing, Skijoring is when a horse (or motorcycle) tows a person on skis through a set of obstacles while the clock ticks down.
- Date: Sat-Thurs, February 18-26, 2023
- Address: Downtown Cripple Creek
- About: Annual ice sculpture carving challenge in casino-friendly Wild West Cripple Creek.
- Date: TBD 2023
- Address: Exdo Event Center, 1399 35th St, Denver
- About: Annual festival with live music, DJs, games, and free beads on Bourbon Street in the Mile High City.
Go To March Events
Latest in February
Read more event articles
Search for upcoming performing arts, rodeos, and sports that aren’t listed under events.