By February the Rocky Mountains are a winter wonderland. Celebrate the season and keep spirits high by attending a winter festival. There are many fun events to choose, with most catered around winter recreation. Read our events blog.
One of the longest running festivals in Colorado, The Winter Carnival in Steamboat Springs is now on its 106th season. February is notorious too as the most snowy month of the year, so take advantage with a weekend gateway.
2020 Annual February Festivals in Colorado
- Date: December thru early March
- Address: Dillon Town Park, 120 Buffalo Street, Dillon
- About: Professional ice artists create dazzling displays every winter in Dillon. It’s lit up at night for a spectacular attraction in popular Summit County. It’s held all winter long, cold weather pending.
- Date: Wed-Sun, January 29-February 2, 2020
- Address: Durango
- About: Now in its 42nd year, features a costume party, follies, parade, and an annually changing theme.
- Date: Sat, February 8, 2020
- Address: Lake City Ice Park
- About: Men’s and women’s top-roped and lead speed competitions in secluded Lake City.
- Date: Wed-Sun, February 5-9, 2020
- Address: Downtown Steamboat Springs
- About: In its 107th year, Steamboat’s Winter Carnival is a widely popular event complete with ski races, ski jumping, ice sculptures, fireworks, a shovel race and street events.
- Date: Sat-Sun, February 8-16, 2020
- Address: Downtown Cripple Creek
- About: 13th year of ice sculptures in casino-friendly Wild West Cripple Creek.
- Date: Fri-Sun, February 14-16, 2020
- Address: Lake Dillon, Silverthorne
- About: All are welcome to enter in this ice hockey tournament sponsored by Pabst Blue Ribbon, with over $10,000 in cash prizes. It’s followed by the Apres Ice Party.
- Date: Fri-Sat, February 21-22, 2020
- Address: Manitou Springs
- About: Carnivale kicks off with CarniBall on Friday night, followed by the 25th Cajun Gumbo Cook-Off from 11am-1pm and a parade in downtown.
- Date: Fri-Sun, February 21-23, 2020
- Address: Steamboat
- About: 8th annual festival showcasing national, regional and local bluegrass and acoustic roots music.
- Date: Fri-Sun, February 21-March 1, 2020
- Address: Denver
- About: Hundreds of Denver restaurants come together for a ten-day culinary celebration, multi-course menus at $25, $35 or $45, now in its 16th year.
- Date: Sat, February 29, 2020
- Address: Aspen
- About: Ski mountaineering race over all four of Aspen’s famed mountains. You’ll climb (or watch others climb) 11,500 feet of vertical over 25 miles, including the epic Highlands Bowl.
Go To March Events
Trending in February
Search for upcoming performing arts, rodeos and sports that aren’t listed under events.