With the leaves changing colors and the temperatures getting cooler, October is filled with exciting events to celebrate the season. Brew fests are common, including the Wine in the Pines Keystone and numerous Oktoberfests to choose from. Read our events blog.
For those looking for a scare, Halloween haunted houses and hay rides can be found all over. Make the most of this warm days while they’re around.
2020 Annual October Festivals in Colorado
- Date: Thur-Mon, October 3-7, 2019
- Address: Durango
- About: Celebrate the rich history of the American cowboy, with live performances, poets and musicians, now in its 31st year.
- Date: Friday-Sunday, October 4-6, 2019
- Address: Jefferson County Fairgrounds, Golden
- About: Premiere event for outdoor enthusiasts to interact with and buy the latest gear related to off-grid living and activities.
- Date: Sat-Sun, October 3-4, 2020
- Address: Bond Park, Estes Park
- About: Fall festival celebrating the annual elk “rut” in its 22nd year. Events include a Mountain Man Rendezvous, Native American music and dancing, a bugling contest, elk seminars and exhibits, as well as food and craft vendors. There’s also an elk-viewing bus.
- Date: October 24-25, 2020
- Address: Central Park, Boulder
- About: 13th annual art event held over three weekends at three different venues showcasing various creations from Colorado artists.
- Date: Sat, October 12, 2019
- Address: Golden
- About: 12th annual chili competition featuring bottomless craft beer and chili tastings.
- Date: Fri-Sat, October 18-19, 2019
- Address: Keystone
- About: Summit County’s premier wine festival is now in its 36th year. Enjoy exquisite wine paired with savory cuisine.
- Date: Fri-Sun, Oct 18-20, 2019
- Address: Breckenridge
- About: Live music and regional liquor and food. Events include Poker Run, Historic Saloon Walking Tour, Breckenridge Distillery Tours, Honey Gitters live show at the historic Gold Pan Saloon and Hangover Brunch.
- Date: Sat, October 26, 2019
- Address: Manitou Springs
- About: Starts with a parade through town followed by coffin races. 25th annual, coffin races are teams of four pall bearers and one “Emma”. The races have been covered nationally by the Travel Channel. They are usually held the last Saturday in October, annually since 1995.
Go To November Events
Trending in October
[Elk Fest in Estes Park, CO. Photo: coloradotravelingducks.com] With the leaves already changing, another fun Colorado…
[Emma Crawford Coffin Race. Photo: Photo_Hiker_Dave] Fall is a remarkable season in Colorado, one that offers…
Search for upcoming performing arts, rodeos and sports that aren’t listed under events.