With the leaves changing colors and the temperatures getting cooler, October is filled with exciting events to celebrate the season. Brew fests are common, including the Great American Beer Festival and numerous Oktoberfests to choose from. For those looking for a scare, Halloween haunted houses and hay rides can be found all over.
2017 Annual October Festivals in Colorado
- Date: Sat-Sun, September 30-October 1, 2017
- Address: Bond Park, Estes Park
- About: Fall festival celebrating the annual elk “rut”. Events include a Mountain Man Rendezvous, Native American music and dancing, a bugling contest, elk seminars and exhibits, as well as food and craft vendors. There’s also an elk-viewing bus.
- Date: Tue-Sun, October 3-8, 2017
- Address: Aspen
- About: Aspen Film’s flagship event, the 39th annual filmfest, showcasing narrative and documentary features, along with international independent films.
- Date: Thur-Sat, October 5-7, 2017
- Address: Convention Center, Denver
- About: Now in its 31st year, GABF is one of the largest beer festivals in the US, with four sessions to choose from, and over 3500 beers.
- Date: Thur-Sun, October 5-8, 2017
- Address: Durango
- About: Celebrate the rich history of the American cowboy, with live performances, poets and musicians.
- Date: Sat, October 14, 2017
- Address: Golden
- About: 10th annual chili competition featuring bottomless craft beer and chili tastings.
- Date: Fri-Sat, October 20-21, 2017
- Address: Keystone
- About: Summit County’s premier wine festival is now in its 34th year. Enjoy exquisite wine paired with savory cuisine.
- Date: Fri-Sun, Oct 20-22, 2017
- Address: Breckenridge
- About: Live music and regional liquor and food. Events include Poker Run, Historic Saloon Walking Tour, Breckenridge Distillery Tours, Honey Gitters live show at the historic Gold Pan Saloon and Hangover Brunch.
- Date: Sat, October 28, 2017
- Address: Manitou Springs
- About: Starts with a parade through town followed by coffin races. 22nd annual, coffin races are teams of four pall bearers and one “Emma”. The races have been covered nationally by the Travel Channel. They are usually held the last Saturday in October, annually since 1995.
Go To November Events
Please contact us to add an event.
Some event related activities
Search for upcoming performing arts, rodeos and sports that aren’t listed under events.