Attending a rodeo is truly a western experience. The first rodeo was held in Deer Trail, about an hour east of Denver, in 1869. Most rodeos are held during the summer season. Read our rodeos blog.
- Address: 29830 Stagecoach Blvd, Evergreen
- About: Mid June, rain or shine event, with two days of live competition and events, including a parade on Sunday at 10am.
- Address: Fraser
- About: Early July to mid August on Saturdays; celebrating its 32nd season in 2015, it’s said to be one of the best mountain rodeos around.
- Address: Middle Park Fairgrounds, Kremmling
- About: Early August; established in Kremmling in 1912, annual wildlife fair and rodeo competitions.
- Address: National Western Complex, Denver
- About: Mid January to late January; over a hundred years old, the stock shows includes rodeos, horse shows, live stock, western art spread out over 16 days.
- Address: Town Park, Ridgway
- About: Early September; BBQ and CPRA sancationed rodeo over Labor Day weekend.
- Address: 1045 West Rio Grande St, Colorado Springs
- About: Four day event held in mid July at Norris-Penrose Event Center.
- Address: 401 River Rd, Steamboat Springs
- About: mid June to mid August, Friday and Saturday evenings. Read our event feature.
Please contact us to add a rodeo.
Some related activities
Watch cars zip around the track at a number of speedways found on both the Front Range and Western Slope. Denver is a big time sports city with teams in all the professional leagues.