Theaters feature a variety of live performances including plays, orchestra, opera, ballet, and comedy. Colorado has many historic theatres, as well as numerous modern performing arts centers.
Performing Arts Venues
- Address: 3654 Navajo St, Denver
- About: Originally a nickelodeon movie house from 1912, The Bug now showcases local independent film, performing artists, and international artworks.
- Address: 124 N Main St, Creede
- About: Summer theater in the heart of the Rockies.
- Address: 1101 13th St, Denver
- About: Premier place to see theatre in Downtown Denver.
- Address: 699 Main Ave, Durango
- About: One of the oldest and continually running theaters in Colorado. They host live bands and national productions of popular theatrical performances.
- Address: 2344 East Iliff Ave, Denver
- About: A variety of shows throughout the year.
- Address: 20120 East Main St, Parker
- About: PACE plays, ballet, orchestra, stand up comedy, and more live performances.
Guide to Theatre in Colorado
Performing arts have long been part of Colorado’s history long before the settlers. Historic theaters were erected for live entertainment, before TV was even a whisper.
Featured performing arts festivals
- late Jun-early Aug – Bravo! Vail Valley Music Festival
- late Jun-early Aug – Central City Opera Festival
- Jun-Aug – Colorado Shakespeare Festival