With the majority of the mountains covered in snow, January is host to numerous winter sports events. The Ouray Ice Festival is the largest ice climbing festival in the country and the Winter X Games is unmatched in excitement and talent. Read our events blog.
2022 Annual January Festivals in Colorado
- Date: Friday-Saturday, November 19, 2021 – January 8, 2022
- Address: Denver
- About: A stroll through the Denver Botanic Gardens is a delightful way to celebrate the holiday season. The Blossoms of Light extravaganza is a twinkling and breathtaking way to spend a winter evening.
- Date: Sun-Fri, January 5-10, 2022
- Address: Steamboat Springs
- About: 36th annual Music Fest features fifty bands over six days. Genres range and shows go from 12pm-10pm. It takes place in a large tent.
- Date: Sat, January 8, 2022 (Scheduled as a virtual event)
- Address: Lafayette
- About: 25th annual oatmeal breakfast followed by a 5K walk/run and two ninja courses.
- Date: Sat-Sun, January 8-23, 2022
- Address: National Western Complex, Denver
- About: Since 1906, the stock shows include rodeos, horse shows, livestock, western art, and more special events spread out over more than 16 days.
- Date: Mon, January 17, 2022
- Address: Steamboat Ski Resort, Steamboat Springs
- About: Professional cowboys from across the U.S., as well as Australia, Canada, Europe, and Mexico, compete in a race down Headwall near the base of Steamboat Resort.
- Date: Thur-Sun, January 20-23, 2022
- Address: Ouray
- About: Biggest ice climbing festival in North America, featuring the world’s best climbers and 100 educational climbing clinics.
- Date: Fri-Sun, January 21-23, 2022
- Address: Aspen
- About: World’s best athletes in skiing, snowboarding, and snowmobiling compete another year at Buttermilk.
- Date: Sat, January 22, 2022
- Address: Denver
- About: Live music and unlimited samples of 100+ craft brews at Mile High Station.
- Date: Mon-Wed, January 24 – February 2, 2022
- Address: Riverwalk Center, Downtown Breckenridge
- About: Witness 20-ton blocks of ice get hand-carved by experts from all over the world. Sixteen teams compete over five days to build the spectacles of art, followed by five days of viewing the masterpieces.
- Date: Wed-Sun, January 26-30, 2022
- Address: Durango
- About: Now in its 43rd year, features a costume party, follies, parade, and an annually changing theme.
- Date: Fri-Sun, January 28-30, 2022
- Address: Alamosa
- About: Three days of winter activities in the San Luis Valley. The signature event is the Rio Frio 5K, a race on the frozen-over Rio Grande River. Other highlights include ice sculptures, an ice carousel, and a polar plunge.
- Date: Sat, January 29, 2022
- Address: Denver
- About: Sample whiskey from over a dozen distillers while meeting the brands at this one-day event.
- Date: Canceled 2022 | Returning Thurs-Sat, January 5-7, 2023
- Address: Vail
- About: Unique beer festival featuring exotic and strong styles, now in its 20th year. Dinners, seminars, and workshops are held throughout the three-day celebration.
- Date: 2022 Canceled due to COVID-19
- Address: Estes Park
- About: MLK Holiday weekend featuring ice skating downtown, ski and snowboard competitions, craft beer, food, kids activities, live music, and chili cook-off.
- Date: 2022 Canceled
- Address: Dillon Town Park, 120 Buffalo Street, Dillon
- About: Professional ice artists create dazzling displays every winter in Dillon. It’s lit up at night for a spectacular attraction in popular Summit County. It’s held all winter long, cold weather pending.
Go To February Events
Latest in January
Search for upcoming performing arts, rodeos, and sports that aren’t listed under events.