With the majority of the mountains covered in snow, January is host to numerous winter sports events. The Ouray Ice Festival is largest ice climbing festival in the country and the Winter X Games is unmatched in excitement and talent. Read our events blog.
2021 Annual January Festivals in Colorado
- Date: December thru early March
- Address: Dillon Town Park, 120 Buffalo Street, Dillon
- About: Professional ice artists create dazzling displays every winter in Dillon. It’s lit up at night for a spectacular attraction in popular Summit County. It’s held all winter long, cold weather pending.
- Date: Sun-Fri, January 5-10, 2020
- Address: Steamboat Springs
- About: 35th annual Music Fest features fifty bands over six days. Genres range and shows go from 12pm-10pm. It takes place in a large tent.
- Date: POSTPONED TO 2022
- Address: National Western Complex, Denver
- About: Since 1906, the stock shows includes rodeos, horse shows, live stock, western art and more special events spread out over more than 16 days.
- Date: Thur-Sat, Jan 9-11, 2020
- Address: Vail
- About: Unique beer festival featuring exotic and strong styles, now in its 20th year. Dinners, seminars and workshops are held throughout the three day celebration.
- Date: Sat, January 11, 2020
- Address: Lafayette
- About: 24th annual oatmeal breakfast followed by a 5K walk/run and two ninja courses.
- Date: Sat, January 18, 2020
- Address: Colorado Springs
- About: 19th annual celebration of the Chinese New Year, complete with demonstrations, authentic fare and music.
- Date: CANCELLED DUE TO COVID-19
- Address: Estes Park
- About: MLK Holiday weekend featuring ice skating downtown, ski and snowboard competitions, craft beer, food, kids activities, live music and chili cook off.
- Date: Mon, January 20, 2020 at 1pm
- Address: Steamboat Ski Resort, Steamboat Springs
- About: Professional cowboys from across the U.S., as well as Australia, Canada, Europe and Mexico compete in a race down Headwall near the base of Steamboat Resort.
- Date: POSTPONED TO 2022
- Address: Riverwalk Center, Downtown Breckenridge
- About: Witness 20-ton blocks of ice get hand carved by experts from all over the world. Sixteen teams compete over five days to build the spectacles of art, followed by five days of viewing the masterpieces.
- Date: Fri-Sun, January 21-23, 2021
- Address: Ouray
- About: Biggest ice climbing festival in North America, featuring world’s best climbers and 100 educational climbing clinics.
- Date: Thur-Sun, January 28-31, 2021
- Address: Aspen
- About: World’s best athletes in skiing, snowboarding, and snowmobiling compete another year at Buttermilk.
- Date: Fri-Sun, January 29-31, 2021
- Address: Alamosa
- About: Three days of winter activities in the San Luis Valley. The signature event is the Rio Frio 5K, a race on the frozen over Rio Grande River. Other highlights include ice sculptures, an ice carousel and polar plunge.
- Date: Sat, January 25, 2020
- Address: Denver
- About: Live music and unlimited samples of 100+ craft brews at Mile High Station.
- Date: Wed-Sun, January 29-February 2, 2020
- Address: Durango
- About: Now in its 42nd year, features a costume party, follies, parade, and an annually changing theme.
Go To February Events
Latest in January
Search for upcoming performing arts, rodeos and sports that aren’t listed under events.