With the majority of the mountains covered in snow, January is host to numerous winter sports events. The Ouray Ice Festival is largest ice climbing festival in the country and the Winter X Games is unmatched in excitement and talent.
- Date: Thur-Sat, Jan 4-6, 2018
- Address: Vail
- About: Unique beer festival featuring exotic and strong styles, now in its 19th year. Dinners, seminars and workshops are held throughout the three day celebration.
- Date: Thur-Tues, January 4-9, 2018
- Address: Steamboat Springs
- About: 33rd annual Music Fest features fifty bands over six days. Genres range and shows go from 12pm-10pm. It takes place in a large tent.
- Date: Sat-Sun, January 6-21, 2018
- Address: National Western Complex, Denver
- About: Since 1906, the stock shows includes rodeos, horse shows, live stock, western art and more special events spread out over 16 days. Read our event feature.
- Date: Wed-Sat, January 10-13, 2018
- Address: Breckenridge
- About: Festival celebrating the winter god of Norse mythology, now in its 55th year. Shenanigans include frying pans, viking hats, Ullympic competitions and a floats parade.
- Date: Sat-Sun, January 13-14, 2018
- Address: Estes Park
- About: MLK Holiday weekend featuring ice skating downtown, ski and snowboard competitions, craft beer, food, kids activities, live music and chili cookoff.
- Date: Mon, January 15, 2018 at 1:30pm
- Address: Steamboat Ski Resort, Steamboat Springs
- About: Professional cowboys from across the U.S., as well as Australia, Canada, Europe and Mexico compete in a race down Headwall near the base. Watch a video on the 40th Cowboy Downhill.
- Date: Thur-Sun, January 18-22, 2018
- Address: Ouray
- About: Biggest ice climbing festival in North America, featuring world’s best climbers and 100 educational climbing clinics. Read our event feature.
- Date: Thur-Sun, January 25-28, 2018
- Address: Aspen
- About: World’s best athletes in skiing, snowboarding, and snowmobiling compete another year at Buttermilk. Read our event feature.
- Date: Fri-Sat, January 27-28, 2018
- Address: Denver
- About: Live music and 100+ craft brews at Mile High Station.
Go To February Events
Please contact us to add an event.
Some event related activities
Search for upcoming performing arts, rodeos and sports that aren’t listed under events.