Founded in 1984, the Colorado College Summer Music Festival is a long-time Colorado Springs tradition. Because the school has been around before Colorado even became a state, the music history is long and storied, making this festival one of the best of its kind.
The 39th annual Colorado College Summer Music Festival will be held from Sunday thru Friday, June 4th to 23rd, 2023, with multiple concerts held at various performance halls and art centers on the Colorado College campus. Tickets are typically available to purchase on May 1 for the general public.
It’s a great place to spot up-and-coming classically trained musicians from around the globe who spend three weeks in intensive preparation for spectacular performances. A family-friendly event, the Colorado College Summer Music Festival is a time to enjoy classical orchestral and chamber music performed by Colorado College students and faculty.
Although the 2023 schedule of performances hasn’t been announced, check out the 2022 lineup below to get an idea of what this year will be like.
- Packard Hall
- Peggy Shivers Concert | Tuesday, June 7 at 7:30 pm
- Festival Artists Concert | Thursday, June 9 at 7:30 pm
- Festival Artists Concert | Sunday, June 12 at 2:30 pm
- Pre-Concert Recital | Thursday, June 16 at 7:30 pm
- Festival Artists Concert | Monday, June 20 at 7:30 pm
- Pre-Concert Recital | Thursday, June 23 at 7:30 pm
- Music at Midday | June 6, 8, 10, 13, 15, 17, 20, 22, 23, and 24 at 12:15 pm
- Celeste Theatre, Cornerstone
- Festival Orchestra Concert | Tuesday, June 14 at 7:30 pm
- Children’s Concert: Carnival of the Animals | Thursday, June 16 at 11 am
- Festival Orchestra Concert | Friday, June 24 at 7:30 pm
- Tava Quad
- Outdoor Festival Orchestra Concert | Saturday, June 11 at 7 pm
- Fellow Concerto Readings | Saturday, June 18 at 2 pm
Read about the best hotels in Colorado Springs.
Address: 14 East Cache la Poudre Street, Colorado Springs, CO
Date: Sunday – Friday | June 4 – 23, 2023
Cost: Varies on the type of season pass | Free with Colorado College ID | Certain concerts are free