Every December sleepy Georgetown transforms into a sparkling Christmas wonderland. For two weekends Georgetown hosts their annual Christmas Market, now in its 58th year.
It’s a bustling time of year in Clear Creek County, host to old time holiday traditions. Roasted chestnuts, festive shopping and horse-drawn wagon rides all await in historic Georgetown. Events kick off on Saturday, November 25th with the lighting of Georgetown’s Christmas Tree. It’s followed by a holiday reading of “The Night Before Christmas” in the Hamill House.
Colorado’s Georgetown Christmas Market
Experience Christmas the way it was 100 years ago in the Old West at Georgetown Christmas Market. Saint Nicholas attends in traditional dress, as do Victorian carolers and dancers. There is a daily procession of the Santa Lucia, a traditional Neapolitan song.
6th Street in historic downtown is lined with twinkling lights, holiday reefs and hopefully, convered with snow. The Christmas Market has been a special family gathering for generations, consider making it an annual tradition for you this season.
This outdoor European market is free admission and holiday entertainment. Enjoy roasted chestnuts, horse-drawn wagon rides, St. Nicholas, Santa Lucia Children’s Procession and Christmas Museum tours.
2018 Calendar of Events:
- November 24: Annual Georgetown Tree Lighting
- November 24: ‘The Night Before Christmas’ Reading at the Hamill House Museum
- December 3: Special Evening in Georgetown, Cocktails & Hors d’oeuvre at Hamill House including a visit from St. Nicholas and Children’s Parlour Games.
- December 1,2, 8 & 9: Old World Christmas Market
- December 8 & 15: Christmas at The Hamill House
Date: Saturday-Sunday, Dec 1-2, 8-9, 2018