Livermore is a small foothills town nestled thirty minutes northwest of Fort Collins. Residing at an elevation of 5,896 feet, it had an estimated population of 2,360 in 2020.
The town resides in the northern stretch of Larimer County, not so long from the Wyoming border. There’s a general store in this unincorporated community that supplies the surrounding rural population, as well as several rental accommodations and great hiking trails.
American Highland Ranch – Take a ride through the pastures on an ATV, visit and snuggle with the Highland cattle and their babies, and learn about these one-of-a-kind cows. The tours typically take about 2 hours and include hands-on experiences and plenty of education.
Cherokee State Wildlife Area – This gorgeous open space has two popular hiking trails – the 6.3-mile Symbol Rock, Elliot Ranch, and Twin Mountain trail or the 5.5-mile Maxwell Ranch trail. The “lower unit” is near Livermore and has a campground, fishing, and whitewater paddling to enjoy as well. A great space for outdoor recreation.
- Western Ridge Restaurant and Resort offers plenty of campsites to choose from with electric hookups if needed. There is a pool on the property for guests to enjoy, and guided horseback riding for all ages.
- Gordon Creek RV is right off of Red Feather Lakes Rd and is a lowkey, peaceful mountain retreat. With only 9 sites, the space never gets busy. There is a restaurant on the property to enjoy as well.
- About 35 minutes down US-287 will bring you to Horsetooth Reservoir in Fort Collins. This is a very popular place to fish for smallmouth bass, so get there early to avoid the crowds.
- Continue down Red Feather Lakes Rd for 30 minutes to reach 6 peaceful fishing lakes in the small unincorporated town. There are plenty of different types of trout and bass to fish.
Hiking – Eagles Nest Open Space has over 700 acres of land along the Cache La Poudre river and among the Laramie Foothills. There are 5 miles of designated hiking and horseback riding trails, and plenty of fishing as well.
The Inn at Whiskey Belle Ranch – Sitting right on the Cache La Poudre River within a working ranch, this bed and breakfast is a great way to experience the true western culture. There are animals on the land to watch, beautiful sunsets, and a gorgeous house that can accommodate up to 6 adults.
Hokey Pokey Ranch Co. – A family-owned ranch and vacation rental home, the owners of this accommodation will treat you like their own family. The ranch has donkeys, horses, and more to visit with, pizza parties in the outdoor stone oven, and other guided outdoor activities to make your stay memorable.
Cherokee Park Ranch – This all-inclusive cowboy experience is sure to be a family favorite. There are private suites and cabins to choose from, and countless guided outdoor activities to enjoy. It is seasonally open from June to September.
The Forks Mercantile and Saloon – This beautifully rebuilt restaurant, gas station, and country store resembles the original building from 1875. There is a great sit-down restaurant with space for live music, pool, and a bar.
Western Ridge Restaurant – Situated on a camping resort, this restaurant is a local favorite for a warm meal and friendly service.
Dec – Christmas Tree Lighting – Join the community for an exciting parade down First Street followed by live music, vendors, and the lighting of Livermore’s Christmas tree.
Activities near Livermore
- Cherokee Park Ranch (20mi)