[Biking in downtown Fort Collins.] Fort Collins is the fourth largest city in the state with nearly 150,000 residents. The town has been named one of nation’s best places to live in numerous publications, including Money magazine. It’s located about an hour north of Denver on I-25.
Colorado State University – About 30,000 students attend CSU making Fort Collins a true college town. The Rams play their rival CU Buffs in early September at the Mile High Stadium.
- Roosevelt National Forest is located just west of Fort Collins and offers numerous campgrounds and backcountry camping opportunities. Just take Highway 14 west of town.
- Cache La Poudre River begins near the Rocky Mountain National Park and flows east past Fort Collins. Ample chances to fish this world class river exist.
- Horsetooth Reservoir permits boating and fishing on this vast lake.
- Lory State Park is full of beautiful trails. It features more than 20 miles of multi-use trails. They also have hike to backcountry campsites.
- Horsetooth Reservoir has plenty of great hiking trails. There is an entry fee and information center on the south bay.
Top 19 Cool Hotels in Fort Collins – Fort Collins is a historic university town that’s known for its preserved late 1800s American houses, vintage artifacts, museums and trolleys. It features a myriad of top hotels you can stay in while touring this nifty northern Colorado city…
Hotels and Lodging:
- Armstrong Hotel – 45 unique, modern rooms set in a historic hotel, which first opened in 1923.
Old Town Fort Collins has plenty of places to eat thanks to the town’s large size and robust university presence. Whatever you’re hankering for, you can probably find it in FC.
Bars and Restaurants:
- Silver Grill Cafe – Since 1933, the Silver Grill Cafe has been serving up Larimer County locals and visitors with comforting breakfasts and lunches.
Jun – Colorado Brewers’ Festival – Two days of beer filled madness in Washington Park. It’s the 4 longest running beer fest in the nation, held in late June.
Aug – Rocky Mountain Irish Gathering Three days of Irish shenanigans in downtown Fort Collins, held early August.
Aug – Bohemian Nights at NewWestFest – Three days of can’t miss free concerts in downtown Fort Collins, held in mid August.
Things To Do near Fort Collins, CO
- Cache La Poudre Wilderness
- Comanche Peak Wilderness
- Neota Wilderness
- Rawah Wilderness
- Roosevelt National Forest
Made in Colorado:
- Bellvue (7mi)
- Boulder (46mi)
- Denver (65mi)
- Estes Park (42mi)
- Greeley (31mi)
- Johnstown (25mi)
- Longmont (30mi)
- Loveland (13mi)
- Lyons (37mi)
- Walden (98mi)
Search discounted activities in Fort Collins via Groupon!
9 Out of the Box Date Ideas In Fort Collins – Fort Collins, aka the Choice City, FoCo, or Fort Fun, is northern Colorado’s largest city full of wonderful places for a night out. Nestled in the foothills, it’s a city with both a charming Old Town and quick access to nature…