This 1,100 acre-reservoir is easy to access from Loveland, only a 20 minute drive from downtown. It’s surrounded by a thousand acres of federal land, so the recreation is outstanding. There are more than a hundred campsites available at the handful of campgrounds, all year round. There are entry fees for the park, plus camping. Motorized boats are welcome and can be rented at the marina.
- Closest town: Loveland (13mi)
- Specs: 118 sites for tents/campers, 92 have electric, 8 are tent only; open year round
- Amenities: Firewood at marina; boat ramps
- Recreation: Boating, fishing, hiking, rock climbing, scuba driving, swimming
- Reservations: Yes, reserve thru larimercamping.com
- Address: South County Road 31, Loveland, CO 80537 (Map)
- Directions: There a number of roads you can take from downtown Loveland, with the most popular being US-287. Take south for nearly 7 miles and right onto W Co Rd 8. Follow to Co Rd 23 for a .5 mile, left onto W Co Rd 8e. Go 3.5 miles to S. Co Rd 31 and the park entrance.