Mancos is a quiet mountain town nestled in the foothills of the LaPlata Mountains. It’s located only ten minutes from the entrance to Mesa Verde. Historic downtown is a couple blocks with a few places to eat, stay and shop.
There are several places for dining and lodging. The Absolute Bakery
is a prime place for breakfast and brunch. All food is made from scratch with local and organic ingredients. The Old Mancos Inn features ten upstairs bedrooms with shared bath and 3 downstairs with private bath.
Mancos State Park – Isolated state park bordering the southwest corner of the San Juan Forest. Boating, camping and fishing are fun in the summer.
- Mancos State Park has 32 sites in two campgrounds, no electric. Two yurts are for rent year round.
- Mesa Verde has 267 sites open mid April to mid October.
- Jackson Gulch Lake is open to wakeless boating and fishing.
- Mancos River flows west past downtown.
- The best nearby trails are in Mesa Verde. It’s quite stunning to walk around in the beauty of the mesas and ancient Anasazi villages.
Things To Do near Mancos, CO
- Mancos (mi)
5 Reasons to Visit Mesa Verde this Winter – In the A.D. 1200s, the cliff dwellings of Mesa Verde were home to ancestral Pueblo Indian people. Today, visitors come from all over the world to explore the archaeology preserved at Mesa Verde National Park. Mesa Verde is..