Mancos is a quiet mountain town nestled in the foothills of the LaPlata Mountains. It’s located only ten minutes from the entrance to Mesa Verde. Historic downtown is a couple blocks with a few places to eat, stay and shop.
There are several places for dining and lodging. The Absolute Bakery
is a prime place for breakfast and brunch. All food is made from scratch with local and organic ingredients. The Old Mancos Inn features ten upstairs bedrooms with shared bath and 3 downstairs with private bath.
Mancos State Park – Isolated state park bordering the southwest corner of the San Juan Forest. Boating, camping and fishing are fun in the summer.
- Mancos State Park has 32 sites in two campgrounds, no electric. Two yurts are for rent year round.
- Mesa Verde has 267 sites open mid April to mid October.
Read about the camping near Mancos and Mesa Verde.
- Jackson Gulch Lake is open to wakeless boating and fishing.
- Mancos River flows west past downtown.
- The best nearby trails are in Mesa Verde. It’s quite stunning to walk around in the beauty of the mesas and ancient Anasazi villages.
Hotels and lodging:
Far View Lodge – Located 15 miles into Mesa Verde National Par, this on-site hotel offers a great 3 star place to stay.
Activities near Mancos
- McPhee Reservoir (25mi)
- Mesa Verde National Park (8mi)
- Mesa Verde Wilderness
- San Juan National Forest
- Mancos State Park (mi)