Henderson Post Office. Photo: Jeffrey Beall
Situated in Adams County, Henderson is easy to miss in the commotion of the Denver suburbs. It’s surrounded by Commerce City, Brighton and Thornton.
Downtown Henderson or old Henderson resides along Brighton Road north of 120th Avenue. Still operating today, the Henderson Community Church (formerly Henderson Congregation Church ) was built over 100 years ago. It’s one of the last remaining historic structures in town.
The town was named for John D. “Colonel Jack” Henderson. There has been a Henderson Post Office since 1894.