Bennett is a growing town near the eastern end of Colfax Avenue, 30 minutes from Aurora. It has a small downtown area with a few restaurants and local businesses to browse. Located at 5,485 feet above sea level on the great plains, the community is continuously expanding into a hub for services along I-70.
- Denver East / Strasberg KOA is near Bennett and offers 48 total sites, 45 for RVs with varying levels of hookup options, and 3 for tent camping. A few cabins and covered wagons are also available if you don’t have your own camping setup. There is a seasonal pool from May to September, as well as a year-round snack bar and playground.
- Read about the best camping near Aurora, Parker, and Brighton
Fishing – Aurora Reservoir is the closest body of water to the town and is a great spot to cast a line. There are over 800 acres of water to explore with a non-motorized boat. Species in the reservoir include tiger muskie, white sucker, and smallmouth bass.
- Heading west toward Aurora, Pronghorn Natural Area is a peaceful spot to wander around and look for wildlife. Dogs are not allowed.
- The High Plains and Arapahoe County Fairground trail system is a mix of paved and dirt trails that wind through a nice open space near Aurora. It’s also suitable for bikers.
This section contains referral links. If you click through and take action, we may receive a commission, at no additional cost to you.
Comfort Inn & Suites – Classic accommodation close to shopping and dining in town. Each room comes with a microwave and refrigerator as well as a complimentary hot breakfast each morning.
Willow Tree Country Inn – This cozy bed and breakfast is a little bit outside of town, but its location makes it a peaceful getaway. The property has panoramic views of the Rockies and a spacious outdoor area.
- Read about the best hotels in nearby Aurora.
- Read about the hotels near the Denver International Airport.
Woody’s Wings 2 Bennett – Modest, family-owned wing shop with a variety of sauce flavors and other fried foods.
Happy Burrito Mexican Restaurant – Authentic Mexican food served in a no-frills shop. They’re famous around town for their breakfast burritos.
High Plains Diner – This cozy diner serves up three meals a day (and breakfast any time you want!). The menu is full of unique twists on traditional American dishes.
Sep – Bennett Days – This town celebration includes 3 days of fun. Festivities include a Chuck Wagon Dinner, parade, art show, a beer garden, and a magic show.
Dec – Breakfast with Santa – The community center hosts this annual event to kick off the holiday season. Stop by for a hot breakfast, holiday music, and photos with the man himself.
Activities near Bennett