A popular area for hunting in Colorado, Redvale is an unincorporated community that sits along Highway 145, 42 miles west of Telluride. Providing access to the Uncompaghre National Forest and San Miguel River, it’s a great area for outdoor recreationists to explore.
The small town sits at 6,483 feet of elevation within Montrose County. As of 2020, there were 172 people that called Montrose home, and there is a post office serving the population.
Colorado Trophies – Situated at the base of the San Juan Mountains, this hunting ranch offers tens of thousands of acres of private and public lands for guided deer, elk, and bear hunts. They have a lodge on-site if you want to utilize the property for multiple days.
Bray Ranches – Operating primarily as a cattle and sheep ranch, Bray Ranches also provides deer, elk, and black bear hunting opportunities. With 20,000 acres of private property within the San Juan Mountains, wildlife and beautiful scenery are at their best here.
- Ledges Rockhouse Campground is about 30 minutes from town nestled along the babbling San Miguel River. This area has primitive sites, vault toilets, and easy access to the river.
- Lower Beaver Campground is 20 minutes to the east, near the junction of Beaver Creek and the San Miguel River. The sites are first come, first served with a couple of spots large enough for RVs.
- Read about the camping near Naturita, Norwood, Nucla and Gateway.
- The San Miguel River runs near town and is a great fly fishing spot, with prime conditions from July to September.
- Naturita Creek is also nearby, with nice conditions for catching rainbow trout.
Hiking – Located at the base of the Uncompahgre National Forest, hiking opportunities are endless from Redvale. Trails are also used for snowshoeing and cross-country skiing in the winter.
Wing Shadow Ranch – Nestled on the private hunting property of Colorado Trophies, this cozy lodge sits lakeside and offers 5 guest rooms. Your stay includes three hot meals a day, and they’ll even pack you a sack lunch if you’re heading out to hunt.
Bray Ranches – Guests have access to heated cabins with bunk beds, bathrooms, and a full kitchen included with their hunting trip on the ranch. The 4 cabins are also available to rent even if you aren’t interested in hunting.
Read more about the several accommodation options in nearby Norwood and Naturita.
Activities in Redvale
- Bedrock (31mi)
- Grand Junction (114mi)
- Naturita (10mi)
- Norwood (8mi)
- Nucla (13mi)
- Ridgway (48mi)
- Telluride (42mi)