Grand Junction is the biggest city in Western Colorado, with a population around 60,000. It’s situated in Grand Valley, a region full of striking contrasts.
Amazing sandstones sit just west of town in the dry canyonlands of Colorado National Monument. Located to the east is Grand Mesa, a gigantic flattop mountain full of forests and alpine lakes.
Colorado National Monument – Enjoy hiking, biking and sight-seeing in this breathtaking location.
Wine and Vineyards – The Western Slope is home to an array of excellent wineries. Spend part of your day strolling through vineyards and enjoy free wine tastings daily at places.
- Lunch Loop Bike Park is located behind downtown near the entrance to the CNM. There are several single lane dirt trails in addition to the bike park.
- Colorado National Monument offers well maintained campgrounds.
- Nearby Colorado River State Park has campgrounds.
- Colorado River provides year round fishing opportunities close to town.
- There are lots of trails in the Colorado National Monument, although pets are not permitted.
Read about the Top 18 Cool Hotels in Grand Junction.
Jun – Country Jam – For more than twenty five years Grand Junction has hosted Country Jam, one of the nation’s largest country music festivals, held over four days in mid June.
Activities near Grand Junction
- Powderhorn (39mi)
- Cedaredge (54mi)
- Clifton (5mi)
- Collbran (40mi)
- De Beque (32mi)
- Delta (40mi)
- Fruita (12mi)
- Hotchkiss (60mi)
- Loma (18mi)
- Mack (21mi)
- Mesa (30mi)
- Montrose (60mi)
- Olathe (50mi)
- Orchard City (49mi)
- Palisade (11mi)
- Parachute (44mi)
- Rifle (61mi)